We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesHow to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrisbamb

How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! Empty
PostSubject: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:19 am

Well tonight in our Tuesday League we were drawn against a very good team which included Tony Tasker (anyone in Plymouth knows him ) who has recently gone for the PDC Q-School and also the UK Open Qualifiers. He was fresh back from those were Mark Walsh did a number on him 6-0 with a 107 average.

Anyway, we were playing his team tonight which also includes Dan Johnson and Danny Allen again 2 well known names in Plymouth. They'd just beaten our 'A' Team last week 11-0 so we weren't really looking forward to it, but we started well, we Won the 1st Trebles, we were 1-0 up!!! From there it went downhill. We sat at 9-1 down and the last Singles was me versus Tony Tasker.

To me, it doesn't matter who I play or what they score and I was defending a Winning streak in the Singles and wasn't going down easily!!!

We went for Bull and both scored 25's. We went again and he hit 25, so I slapped in a Bull!!! I went 1-0 down in a quick fire leg that including Tons and Ton pluses on both sides. 2nd Leg and I hit a steady 60, 2 Tons another 60 and I was there on a finish. Boom, took it out, suddenly, he realised he was in a game.

He took the next, again a quick fire leg, 2-1. We then had a very scrappy leg, nothing more than an 85, but I was hitting 81, 81, 85, so solid enough and levelled it with a lovely 73 outshot.

Deciding leg, up for Bull - I couldn't have got much further away and he's away. He starts with a Ton and I'm 81, he hits a 125 and I hit an 85, he then threw a 37 a lifeline, now I hit a Ton and I'm back in it!! We swap scores another couple of Tons and we're on the finishes. I think I've blown it after missing an 82 outshot, but he does the unthinkable and leaves himself D1. Inside I'm screaming, "Get in there". Outside, I'm calm and composed and have D10 left.

I take my time, step back and breathe!!! Look down at the oche, get my mark, step up, look up at the board. Visualize the shot, arm back, short pause, throw, follow threw. BOOM!!!! D10 and a 3-2 Win!!!!

Outside, calm, turn round, shake my head, nod and hold my hand out!! Inside, I'm hanging from the chandelier, I'm bungee jumping and doing cartwheels!!! He nods, takes my hand and says, "You played bloody well there, well done".

My night is done and I'm on cloud nine!!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Wow Chris what a match! Great throwing mate. Ya got to be all chuffed up.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:44 pm

Nice one Chris - it's always good to beat top player and does your confidence the world of good
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Congrats! That sounds like it was a great game Smile And by the sounds of it both players played well, and those games are the most fun to win Smile

And you defended your winning streak in Singles Very Happy Just keep them coming mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Great story! Well played!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:21 pm

Well done mate! wish I could play as well, you have every right to be chuffed by that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
McInnis180

McInnis180

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:43 pm

AWESOME!!!!!!! party
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:47 pm

I'm still on cloud nine now!!!

He's a Top Quality player and everyone had written me off before the Singles, so to beat him is great. Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:59 pm

LOL! You should get a T shirt made with "I beat Tony Tasker" on it and wear it at your next match, might make the opposition nervous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 pm

I like that idea Grip. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Good story I enjoyed reading it you write very well. Oh and by the way very nice darts!!!

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:49 am

LMAO @ "I'm hanging from a chandelier". Very nice Chris. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!   How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

How to beat a PDC wannabbee!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1