We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesHow does your Team Practice?? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

How does your Team Practice??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrisbamb

How does your Team Practice?? Empty
PostSubject: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Here's something we do.

Usually there's at least 4 of us, better if there's 5 of us, but basically we start on 501 and the Computer starts on 10 and the idea is, we beat the Computer. Now this should be fairly easy as if you look at it we have given ourselves 30 darts to do 501.

However, the aim is more about getting used to the fact that you have a while to wait in between throws just like you would for a Trebles or team game. At the moment we are getting beat on average by 3-1 in legs. If there's 2 of you doing it, it's a lot easier because you get into your rhythm easier, but when you have 4 throws in between your throws it's a lot harder to get that rhythm going.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Thats very clever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 pm

I like this topic.

We try and get together as a team once a week on Tuesdays. Usually only getting three or four of us to come. Our scoring is pretty good so we work alot on doubles. 301 matches dido, 501 matches dido. Sometimes around the board on doubles. We try to include some doubles cricket matches too as we play that in league over here as well.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:54 pm

My team don't really get together until match nights. Some of us go to the pub for a few games of pairs, but that's about it as far as team practise goes. There's 4 of us going to the pub tomorrow for a session as it happens lol
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:00 am

We've started doing 301 DIDO as well when there's only 2 or 3 of us and it's much more interesting than straight 501's.

There were 4 of us the other week so we decided to do our own World Cup of Darts and had a right laugh with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:04 am

I've started doing 301 DIDO in my personal routine as well now - must admit I do more of that now than anything else. I wouldn't want to be in a league that played it, but it is good fun for practising both scoring and doubles.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:24 am

Our league plays it. Probably my best record is for 301
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:42 am

Unfortunately my team dont get together to practice at all ! I find this very frustrating from a personal point of view because i am really trying to improve my game ! as the saying goes perfect planning prevents pi55 poor performance I need a practice partner badly Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:46 am

I keep telling you Andy, move to Plymouth!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:48 am

If only you were a little closer mate , Still not that far from here Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.dartsnutz.com
Bovrilheid

Bovrilheid

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 am

Start at 89 and check it out in three...when someone dies it we add 1... Then checkout 90..... Can freak some teams out when we are on 130+ when they come in.....good for counting too
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Bovrilheid wrote:
Start at 89 and check it out in three...when someone dies it we add 1... Then checkout 90..... Can freak some teams out when we are on 130+ when they come in.....good for counting too

I've seen a team do that this season - we lost against them although me and my partner won all 4 of our games. I think a couple of our players got nervous - but me and my partner have been playing far too long to worry about things like that lol.

My routine when I'm warming up is to keep throwing for the bull - that freaks teams out as well if you keep getting very close lol
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 4:07 pm

No practice with new team yet and season starts in a couple of weeks. affraid
Back to top Go down
Pearce161

Pearce161

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:24 pm

My team mates on my wednesday team are incredibly annoying. Most only pick up a dart on wednesday night and are casual players. Now thats fair enough but a few of they are pretty good cjuckers but have no idea when it comes to finishes. They jus think if its even go at 20's and if its odd go for 19's they never go for the bullvshot even if their opponent is on a double. Ive pleaded with em to practice finishing and offered to meet em in our club and have a chuck to show em a few games they can do. Hell there's even one of them checkout posters next to the oche but they never bother. Thing is i'd say we could probably with at least 30% more games if they thought about it a bit more. Then there a couple of lads who havent been playing long and arent as good but put in more effort and are keen to learn but dont get a game as often from our captain. Proper annoying!!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:17 am

Pearce161 wrote:
My team mates on my wednesday team are incredibly annoying. Most only pick up a dart on wednesday night and are casual players. Now thats fair enough but a few of they are pretty good cjuckers but have no idea when it comes to finishes. They jus think if its even go at 20's and if its odd go for 19's they never go for the bullvshot even if their opponent is on a double. Ive pleaded with em to practice finishing and offered to meet em in our club and have a chuck to show em a few games they can do. Hell there's even one of them checkout posters next to the oche but they never bother. Thing is i'd say we could probably with at least 30% more games if they thought about it a bit more. Then there a couple of lads who havent been playing long and arent as good but put in more effort and are keen to learn but dont get a game as often from our captain. Proper annoying!!

OOOH Pearce161 sound like you got the same type team members as me and its frustrating isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does your Team Practice??   How does your Team Practice?? Empty

Back to top Go down

How does your Team Practice??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1