We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesMy Day At The Local Pub! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

My Day At The Local Pub!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryankelly98

My Day At The Local Pub! Empty
PostSubject: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:13 am

I had never really played darts in a pub before so my dad and I decided to go down in the snow to the local pub for a game of darts. Little did we know that his mates that also play darts, and would be the best players in the pub were also there. So i first played my dad and then his mates said "i'll give your young one a game". To be honest I was crapping myself! I hadnt played any men before other then my dad so I was pretty convinced that i would lose. So i played one of the best players in the place and i surprisingly won the first 2 legs. Then in the 3rd leg i hit 2 100's and a few other high scores and then took out a 85 finish(my highest is 92 so considering that i was chuffed!!). Then after the match all the men there were coming up to me and shaking my hand etc and then 1 men who had been doing the scorekeeping came up to me and started talking to me. Then to my delight he gave me his favourite set of liverpool flights (he must have had them for ages).

I really should go to the pub more often Smile Smile

This is the board with turf under it haha
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Liverpool Flights Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by JD on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edited pic)
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:24 am

Thats great Ryan, well done mate, good experience for you! good job

Whats the turf for lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Ryankelly98

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 am

hahaha the turf is for the fire place to the right of the board
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 am

Nice throwing Ryan, keep at it.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:29 am

Well played! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ryankelly98

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:30 am

haha thanks lads
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 am

Good stuff buddy it is surprising how you don't think you are very good and then you play someone you think is good and you do ok or even beat them. This will work wonders for your confidence so get some practice in and then get down the pub and play them all again this time believing you are a good player and you might surprise yourself. You should be proud of yourself today as I am very proud of you, keep it up buddy and we will soon be watching you on the stage at the Ally Pally.
Back to top Go down
Skyblueadam

Skyblueadam

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:17 am

+1 for that Big Gun! Very positive words.
Back to top Go down
Taffy

Taffy

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:34 am

Big Gun wrote:
Good stuff buddy it is surprising how you don't think you are very good and then you play someone you think is good and you do ok or even beat them. This will work wonders for your confidence so get some practice in and then get down the pub and play them all again this time believing you are a good player and you might surprise yourself. You should be proud of yourself today as I am very proud of you, keep it up buddy and we will soon be watching you on the stage at the Ally Pally.

Very good advice Kev!!! And thinking about it, didn't a young unknown Eric Bristow wander down to the pub one day with his dad?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:35 am

There ya go Ryan! Nice, very nice!
Back to top Go down
Eslotes

Eslotes

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:44 am

Very nice keep going kid Smile Same situation last year never played against some others before only with dad and they told me if i want to play a tournament so i won three matches and then losed but was very good and look me now improving a lot with playing a team in league and always practice,my average is getting higher and my doubles are also improving.
So dont give up,ask if they train once a week and go play with them,You improve and the others boys also.
;) See ya
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 am

Get on Ryan.Use that experience as a positive and keep it going. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 am

Well done Ryan. It is always good experience playing other players. If I were you, I would be asking your dad to take you to the pub on a regular basis. That would be great practice for you and will help build your confidence.

Keep up your practice mate because its working for you.
Back to top Go down
spat66

spat66

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:45 am

Good job Ryan I'm happy for ya mate- keep it up your on the right track. Alot of good things for you to come!
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Well done Ryan always good to see youngsters picking up the arrows and getting involved.
and remember your on the right place here for any tips or advice you may need.
Have a +1 from me for encouragement.
Back to top Go down
Ryankelly98

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:45 pm

thanks shafted ! really appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:38 am

Good stuff buddy, keep it up http://i111.photobuc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Day At The Local Pub!   My Day At The Local Pub! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Day At The Local Pub!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1