We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesRed Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? Empty
PostSubject: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:36 am

Just had a close look at the Grizzlys in the RD catalogue, cant help but notice that it has some very similar features to the design I sent to the Dartswarehouse Design a dart comp, namely the Micro grip at the front with a knurled section and then more micro gripping:

Scanned from the Catalogue:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

my design for the comp:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

a similar theme going on? Smile

My design is more geared for gripping at the front and was designed to accommodate the width of my thumb and fingers where I grip, I like the look of the knurling on those Grizzlys though it looks nice and deep. So I may have to try a set at some point and see what they feel like. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:02 am

Similar theme there Grip, they may be made for you. Very Happy

A few years ago I contacted someone (cant remember who, may even have been on another forum) about the possibility of an octagonal or hexagonal barrel rather than it being round, more for novelty than anything.

What got me thinking was why many pencils are octagonal or hexagonal and found that they are easier to hold than a round pencil - hence my enquiry about making a dart barrel the same shape.

I never got a reply however in the next Red Dragon catalogue I saw the Hexosets and thought what a coincidence it was. Me Thinking lol

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:07 am

Rebel wrote:
Similar theme there Grip, they may be made for you. Very Happy

A few years ago I contacted someone (cant remember who, may even have been on another forum) about the possibility of an octagonal or hexagonal barrel rather than it being round, more for novelty than anything.

What got me thinking was why many pencils are octagonal or hexagonal and found that they are easier to hold than a round pencil - hence my enquiry about making a dart barrel the same shape.

I never got a reply however in the next Red Dragon catalogue I saw the Hexosets and thought what a coincidence it was. Me Thinking lol

Well I know hex style barrels were made in brass I have a few, but I am sure that the designers and manufacturers read all the social media forms so if they see something that gives them an idea they will develop it.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 1:22 am

interesting guys.
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 5:59 am

That is a very nice looking Barrel Darren, too bad you won't get any royalty fees for your design. It is interesting how from weight to weight the grip goes from the front of the barrel to the back. The 24 gram set look like the ideal to me - I prefer a shorter barrel with a lot of grip.
Uh oh.....might be ordering them as soon as I get some $$$$. I also noticed that when you click on the RD site to bring up the catalog, it still shows the 2012 one, not the newer version.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 am

Yeah as soon as I get some spare moolah I will get some and also see about getting my design made up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nucky

Nucky

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:48 am

I say what the heck, get the machinery and start turning out your own exclusive line of darts.
Whats on the bull? A Watson!!! You could even name your darts after members on here -The Saber, The Rage, The Rebel.......endless possibilities here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Robert+Drinovz&
eddie grant

eddie grant

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 am

they look very nice when will they stop and leave me with money lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Nucky wrote:
I say what the heck, get the machinery and start turning out your own exclusive line of darts.
Whats on the bull? A Watson!!! You could even name your darts after members on here -The Saber, The Rage, The Rebel.......endless possibilities here. Very Happy

lol! That would be cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?   Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar? Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Dragon Grizzlys and my darts design very similar?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1