We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCongrats to Phil Taylor!! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Congrats to Phil Taylor!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrisbamb

Congrats to Phil Taylor!! Empty
PostSubject: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:11 am

There's nothing more that can be written about his achievements throughout his career. It's definitely getting harder for him with the likes of MVG around these days, but he still keeps sticking in there even though the so called pundits keep writing him off.

Love him or hate him, there's no denying the man has true talent, got to respect him for that.

Smile
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:17 am

Congrats, Phil Taylor.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:31 am

Spot on Chris, I dont like Phil Taylor the man, but have absolute unreserved respect for all his achievements (and many more to come IMO) and everything he has done to put darts on the map, the bloke is an incredible player, as I keep saying on the chat, he is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be, the excellence of execution to coin a phrase.

As I keep having to explain, you dont have to like a man to respect him, respect is earned as is adoration, he has certainly got my respect, no doubt about that.
Back to top Go down
djrocs88

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:37 am

Woohoo way to go Phil Taylor!!!!! I just wish we could watch these matches over here in Canada. good job

Last edited by djrocs88 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:50 am

Congrats to Phil
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:02 am

What a match. Very impressed with MVG, but he fell a bit short in the end.

Taylor is a hard man to beat in this arena. He played a fantastic game today.

Hopefully MVG learnt alot from it and goes on to bigger and better things in 2013.

We all know Taylor will be amongst the spoils again in 2013.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 am

djrocs88 wrote:
Woohoo way to go Phil Taylor!!!!! I just wish we could watch these matches over here in Canada. good job

I do run a live stream. Or do you mean watch them in person?
Back to top Go down
mr lakeside

mr lakeside

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:15 pm

Well thats my new year ruined i thought good would prevail tonight i guess Mighty will have to take Taylors Preimer League Title
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:48 pm

I thought he would win as I was sure MVG would have a lapse or attack of nerves, but I was starting to think I may be wrong after MVG's amazing start to the match. But Taylor is often better the longer the match and I think his many many finals matches experience proved essential and he performed when it counted.

Well done to him and very well done to MVG too, with him being only 23 if he plays for another 30 years like Taylor then I'm sure he is going to win a stack of titles.

Was nice to watch a battle though and not to see one player totally dominate the match.

I wonder if MVG had of won would Taylor have announced his retirement?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:06 pm

Congratulations Phillip Douglas Taylor

As I said on here a few weeks ago when someone ran a thread asking is Taylor finished given his dip of form, I said at the time that the doom and gloom merchants have wrote him off many times over the years, only for him to pull himself together, and be back as formidable as ever. Unless he decides to retire
at the top though inevitably one day these people will be right. I Personally like Taylor though I admit his attitude does lack at times.

As for MVG an undeniably tremendous talent, if the format had been shorter as in the legs only premier league weekly basis he would of of won,
but then I wonder has Taylor left a degree of scarring after that final, we've seen so many challenges to his top spot over the years, Priestly, Part, Manley, Barneveld, to name a few, only for Taylor to worm is way into their minds and seemingly leave them stripped of self belief, I hope MVG is made of sterner stuff because there is potentially an exciting 12 months awaiting us darts fans
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:11 pm

I dont think MVG was bothered about any mind games from Taylor, if there was any, I think it was more the situation of what he was about to achieve and I think the nerves got to him.
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm not talking about a conscious effort to break them, I think it just happens when they go out throwing darts that would have beaten any other pro and he keeps on absorbing the pressure and re producing brilliance, I think it gives him a aura that the other players can become intimidated by.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 pm

I knew deep down that Taylor would win this one, as although MVG has bags of natural talent and makes the game look easy, it takes more than that alone to beat Phil Taylor in a World Championship final. It takes a lot of bottle, and the ability to play your own game and not the man, which I can only imagine must be very difficult to do.

We all saw what happend to Barney early doors in the semi, after making a big thing of saying that he doesn't fear Taylor, he didn't turn up for the first part of the game.

Phychologically, I think that it must be very difficult to play Taylor in the final, as anybody will be thinking in the back of their mind, that their opponent has been in 19 finals, and as of last night has won 16 of them.

I can understand why some people dislike Tayor, and I also appreciate that for many it has nothing to do with jealousy, but comes from seeing some of his on screen antics.

Having met him some years ago, and after having a good chat with him, I actually like him as a person (albeit based purely on first impressions, from one encounter).

I hope he goes on to win at least one motre world title, but he really has nothing more to prove after last night.

Well done that man!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:02 am

I agree its not just the skill of playing the game thats needed, high concentration and mental toughness is required too and I dont think the others can match Taylor on that.

But will be great experience for MVG and maybe it is good for him he lost as he may come back even better.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:03 am

Congrats Phil!!! And thanks to MVG for losing 7-5 and putting me first on the leaderboard
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:04 am

USMC80 wrote:
Congrats Phil!!! And thanks to MVG for losing 7-5 and putting me first on the leaderboard
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

slPPING
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:21 am

Taylor is a legend. I thought this year would be his toughest because he hasn't been quite as good as he has been over the last two years. Plus with the emotion of the Sid Waddell trophy added too. Congratulations Mr Taylor, we will forever be walking in a Taylor wonderland.
Back to top Go down
aboji

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 am

Well done to Phil Taylor! It was a much closer match than I had expected and both players came to play.

I really enjoyed watching this!
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 am

USMC80 wrote:

Might want to check that one again Mac, as the final score was 7-4
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 am

dannyd180 wrote:
USMC80 wrote:

Might want to check that one again Mac, as the final score was 7-4

ahh thanks, Mark was doing the scoring. just assumed i hit them both
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 am

getagrip wrote:
But will be great experience for MVG and maybe it is good for him he lost as he may come back even better.

Too true Grip, and wouldnt that be a sight to behold.

Congratulations to you mr Taylor you deserved it.

Me Thinking I think he will stop at 20 lol on floor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Phil Taylor!!   Congrats to Phil Taylor!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Phil Taylor!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1