We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesGary Anderson-Great Talent But ! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Gary Anderson-Great Talent But ! Empty
PostSubject: Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !   Gary Anderson-Great Talent But ! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:51 am

Don't think Gary has what it takes to win the worlds for one reason. Hes got serious doubling out problems. Scorer yes , hitting doubles no. He must improve to ever win or have a chance to win the Worlds. 18% check out on the doubles!!!!! thats just not gonna do it in the pros ever!!!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !   Gary Anderson-Great Talent But ! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:53 am

blew my mind people picking ando to beat Barney! Once in a while he has a match where he hits doubles, but once in a while won't cut it.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !   Gary Anderson-Great Talent But ! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am

It has to be a mental issue, something in his head kicks in, self doubt, call it whatever but it certainly is nothing to do with his talent, the doubles are twice the size of the trebles and he has absolutely no trouble at all hitting those.

When he first came on the PDC scene he shot straight to the top, earned his spot in the Premier League and won it, then I think he maybe had a match or two where he missed a lot of doubles, the more doubles he missed the more doubt set in, and now, as he has lost (and almost lost) many matches due to his failures on the doubles the problem worsens, I bet it is hell for him, every time he gets to the double something in his head will remind him of all those misses, severely multiplying the pressure and again more often than not cause him to blow it.

Until he gets his head right the problem will not go away IMO, I bet he practices doubles for hours on end, and I bet he hits 75-80% of them in practice but once out on the stage the gremlins are at work.

I hope he gets it right soon, I like the bloke and there is no doubt scoring wise he can beat anyone on the planet.
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !   Gary Anderson-Great Talent But ! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 1:19 am

i dont think hes played well since i think his dad passed away or maybe since that ban he got
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !   Gary Anderson-Great Talent But ! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 am

No idea what he's problem is really, if he can hit T20's so well then why not the doubles?, Iam mystified by it confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Taffy

Taffy

PostSubject: Re: Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !   Gary Anderson-Great Talent But ! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 6:08 am

Alan Evans had the same problem. He hammered the treble twenty, but, often messed about on the doubles?
Back to top Go down
eddie grant

eddie grant

PostSubject: Re: Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !   Gary Anderson-Great Talent But ! EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 7:15 am

think he has never been as good since he signed for unicorn and changed darts from datadart ones his 180s are less and overall seems to have to fight the dart more.dont think you get to a world final and prem champ then change darts seems like madness to me unicorn should of made a copy of his darts like they did with barney from bulls.also he has allways missed doubles but now his scoring is 180 then 45 when it used to be 180 100 140 and he could afford a extra 2 darts missed but now he cant and is being made to pay.also he has never been a man that would win 2 tournments in a row but allways had a chance but now he dont like like he can even make the semi of anything and i hope he gets unicorn to make a copy of his old darts as i think with them he can challenge again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !   Gary Anderson-Great Talent But ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary Anderson-Great Talent But !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1