We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesAwww Taylor not finished-- yet. LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. Empty
PostSubject: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:12 pm

He played well- dunno if he has enough gas in the tank though , we shall see.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 11:09 pm

I think he is feeling the pressure more than he ever has done before.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:38 am

Didn't see last night's game but presume you are referring to that - he was always going to be up for that after his last two defeats at the hands of Thornton.

Whether he is up for the remainder of the tournament is still to be seen, but he desperately wants to be the first winner of the new trophy.

Back to top Go down
djrocs88

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:43 am

Well being a big time champion has that added pressure. Also a person would put that pressure on himself as being the king for so long the last thing you would want to do is step aside for someone else. But we all get older and not as sharp and there is always somebody there nipping at your heels ready to take your place. It has got to be hard to rule the roost for so long and now you are getting beat and not playing as good as you once were.
Here in Canada we get very little coverage of darts but the little I have seen, he seems to be a great player. Does everyone cheer against him because he won so much it became tiresome to watch so you just cheer for the next guy hoping he will win or is there a side to him I have not seen with the limited coverage we get?
Back to top Go down
am33

am33

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:55 am

I think the jury is still out, Thornton never turned up and no one has put him under any pressure at all so far in this tournament.

It will be interesting to see how he plays against the like of MVG who certainly isn't intimidated by playing Taylor.

Djrocs88, Taylor is a very popular player over here and he doesn't get booed. Everyone respects what he's achieved, though in saying that it's great to see the majors being won by various other players in the past year.

The standard now is simply awesome.
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 1:59 am

taylors hungry he wants this one never under estimate philly when you know he can switch it on the mans a freak
Back to top Go down
Mr_Red_Bull

Mr_Red_Bull

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 3:12 am

1) Don't forget that Taylor likes to win every new thing first (if possible).

2) Hungry for a win, as not had one for little while.

3) Struggled a bit in places is true and they were easier wins (maybe), but did what he needed to get through each.

4) Getting better as tournament progresses (not for the first time has Taylor built up slow and gone on to win in style)

5) If he gets to semis without a player on fire in his path, he be in the driving seat.

6) If he gets to final you gotta say he'll take it, this is nice new trophy and he wants his name on it first!

Still long gone is vintage Taylor, but the desire to win is still strong, so we will have to wait and see.

'Keep it Kool http://i111.photobuc
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 4:50 am

Well I said he would win it this year so still going to stick with that, would prefer Barney to win though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Taffy

Taffy

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 5:40 am

Taylor often compares two darts players going at it, with two boxers going at it. You know, two individuals going head to head, with no place to hide, etc. Well, staying with Taylor’s comparison of these two noble arts, you would have to say Taylor is an ageing boxer, albeit, a great one!!! But, I find myself asking, how much longer can he maintain the proverbial 'Eye of the Tiger'? How much longer can he go 12 rounds against the likes of MvG, who is a far younger man with no fear of him whatsoever? I don't think that Phil is all washed up, far from it in fact, but, I do think maybe, and I mean maybe, this is the beginning of the end for Taylor?

And now Phil will blow my theory right out of the water and bloody win it lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 6:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taffy

Taffy

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:13 am

JD, thank you, and with that picture.....I rest my case. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Red_Bull

Mr_Red_Bull

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:33 am

Well not sure what that picture is meant to tell, however if it is to say Taylor could not stop that, he's too old for the young puncher. Then memories need a little refreshing methinks.

So short of memory you forget the GSOD's?

MvG bashing up players, lightning averages and finishes, looking unstoppable.

Another ageing darter, Barney, slow start, nearly out early, building as tournament went on.

Even after the semi's we still felt the Tournament had MvG's name all over it, of course Barney had other ideas.

Battle royale indeed saw Barney take the win and show that age still has no barriers if you truly beleive.

Maybe Taylor is running out of time, but he's not out for the count... he has experience of being there so many times before to fall back on, and maybe that's all he needs.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:47 am

Mr_Red_Bull wrote:
Well not sure what that picture is meant to tell,

Back to top Go down
Taffy

Taffy

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 8:19 am

Mr Red Bull, oh I fully agree with you. If Taylor's in it, then he's a good prospect to win it and that's for sure!!! And I'm not saying he's over the hill, I'm simply saying that it must be getting much harder for him now he doesn't put the fear of god into his opponents like he used to. And long drawn out battles with the likes of MvG, Adrian Lewis, etc, must be taking it's toll, surely. because he isn't getting any younger? Do I think is he finished just yet, HELL NO!!! But I do think he will cease to totally dominate like he used to. I will say this though, when he does retire, I hope he goes out on top, he certainly deserves that!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr_Red_Bull

Mr_Red_Bull

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 11:47 am

Taylor will never be those drop down rankings trying to keep it going type of players, as soon as he can't be very near no.1 he'll retire.

Lets not forget he's already set-up outside his career, he has Team Taylor project where they go round the world trying to find the next Taylor prodigy's and pay to put them through q-school.

And he's already got a job with SKY, guaranteed I would say.... you know SKY will offer him a job there, probs not as commentator, but as a Steve Davis like couch introducer and interviewer. Can really see that working too. Smile

'Keep it Kool http://i111.photobuc
Back to top Go down
Taffy

Taffy

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 am

Mr Red Bull. Now Brissy reckoned in an interview he gave a while back that when Taylor retires he will have nothing to do with darts whatsoever. But, again, I agree with you because Taylor is a very astute businessman, and that's for sure!!! When he retires he will still need to feed his addiction.....his addiction to money, lol. Joking aside, though, I reckon he's already got his retirement sorted, and I also believe that he will retire once ( if ever???) he starts to lose his edge. He certainly won't hang around to become MvG's, or anyones else's, punchbag and that's for sure!!! Personally, I'm not a big Taylor fan, saying that, though, whether you love him, or loathe him, you must agree he is the greatest dart player the world has ever, or will ever, know!!! Team Taylor might go looking for another 'Taylor', but, I don't think they will find one, because Phil Taylor is a 'One Off'!!! Nobody will EVER achieve what he has achieved in my opinion.

Hmm? Me Thinking Perhaps I am a Taylor fan after all happy dude

Anyway, I hope you are drinking like it's going out of fashion, because I am lol! .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.   Awww Taylor not finished-- yet. Empty

Back to top Go down

Awww Taylor not finished-- yet.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1