We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagessabergrip vs caven darts LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

sabergrip vs caven darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vallyr

Vallyr

sabergrip vs caven darts Empty
PostSubject: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Thinking about buying some mccoy saber grips. Want to know how similar they are to unicorn jamie caven darts. Can any one do a side by side photo?
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 1:27 am

they both great darts- I have owned both - both level 5 grip but sabers more severe then Cavens. For the money go Sabers- I have 3 sets of Sabers and with storm points awesome looking as they fit barrel perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:21 am

He used to (may still do) use the Razor Egde darts that Red Dragon sell, so I assume that the Unicorn version is just an expensive verbatim copy of the RD ones.
Before Unicorn made his darts Red Dragon had his name assigned to the 23g Razor Edge so that may be a cheaper option still:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's the now 'out of stock' link when they were Caven branded:

You can see the dimensions are exact, only difference is they used to have 'Jabba' on the barrel and were £2 dearer, still same dart though.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:58 am

Winmau Sabotages are basically the same dart also. I own them also.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:03 am

these are my Rasta's but the storms fit the MCcoys the same
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:31 am

Thanks Guys for all of the posts! That resolves all of my questions. Going to get a set of black sabers and fit some black storm points to them! Although the panterclaw is a little tempting too lol. Can't beat pure darts price ...37 bucks for shipping to the states plus storm points !
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 4:12 am

I have almost pressed the buy button on more than one occasion for them panther claw darts, let us know if you get the panthers, would love to see some decent pictures with storms fitted. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 1:38 pm

I ended up going with the saber grip was way cheaper. got a set of 24g black saber grips set of storm points and a set of black phase five stems(im a slikstik fanatic) for nearly the same price as the panthers wouldve been. Plus I didn't really want to risk goofying up my recent sucess with the caven style darts by swaping it up heh. will post pictures when they arrive
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Ya gonna love them buddy.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:27 pm

My McCoy's arrived tonight. When comparing the two, the Sabergrips are just a bit fatter at 1 gram more I'm going to guess that they are a lower tungsten percentage because the caven's seem to be a bit drilled out where as the saber grips are not.

The caven's balance point is a farther foward than the saber grips, thats with the sabers having storm points and the cavens not.

The Saber grips also have a much larger nose by about three grip rings. See Picture

I am having a bit of trouble getting on with the mccoys because of the missing grip rings as I like to hold it farther forward.

Also hit a 180 tonight with the cavens when I was comparing the two. Might put the McCoy's up for swap. Not sure!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:32 am

I have owned both- The Sabers have the same % of Tungsten and the grip is a bit more harsh than the Cavens though both being level 5 grips. I prefer the Sabers over the Cavens for 2 reasons 1. The Sabers are much cheaper and 2. I prefer the Gripper feel of the Sabers. Both great darts.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:40 am

Oh yeah for sure. Not saying the mccoys are bad darts, they are an incredible value, my immediate impression of throwing them was they just weren't suiting my forward grip so much because of the moved rings and balance point. Great value tho definitely
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:46 am

yep if you hold the dart forward then go Cavens. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sabergrip vs caven darts   sabergrip vs caven darts Empty

Back to top Go down

sabergrip vs caven darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat :: Equipment Chat-