We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesOne of the best players out in grand slam 2012 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

One of the best players out in grand slam 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eslotes

Eslotes

One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 Empty
PostSubject: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:07 am

One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 like Simon Whitlock , Ted , James Wade , Adrian lewis.
But why? Preparing for World Darts Championship??
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:10 am

Personally, I just dont think they enjoy the short format first to 5 legs, I may be wrong but I think one of the best things about the GSoD is that with a first to 5 format in the group stage it can cause some serious upsets, long may it continue happy dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 am

I think it's a much harder format for everyone.

1st player to 5 legs certainly levels the playing field.

Look at the Whitlock & the Taylor match today.

The other players (Dean & Scotty) got off to amazing starts and they couldn't be caught.

Plus the depth of incredible players is better than it's ever been.

Tough, tough tourney to get to the top 16.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:42 am

I love the fact that you cant just show up and win these days. It makes for great viewing.
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Agree with the above. First to 5 is a bit like lower level league, and brutal. In my league, you play best of 3 legs for the game. If you're off, you're out. It forces you to settle quickly.

Having said that, I'd like to see a better mix. I think the short format doesn't give the less experienced players time to settle in; it doesn't reflect the actual darts they're capable of, just that they don't have the experience to show up with their A games immediately.

And I'd like to see more of the new blood given a chance to shine occasionally.

Sure, there's something to be said for "play well or die". It eliminates the mentally weakest players immediately. But I'm of the mind that a few longer format tournaments might help improve the minds of great players who just need the experience of being on stage to learn HOW to bring their A game immediately through practice at being on stage with just a bit more time to adapt.

Dekker and Hubbard today are perfect examples. They can both play much better than they did, but with only 10 legs at best, they may not have had time to just relax and show what they can do. Seems a shame. I understand it. Survival of the fittest and all. But as a spectator and fan, I'd like to see a few more televised tournaments of longer opening formats so they have the chance to get used to the lights, crowds etc.

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 pm

The longer format to me seems to favour the top seeds, so a few tournies with a short prelim round seems good to me.

The young guns will adapt in time, its part of the evolution of the game and the players.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Hankey - out because he was as drunk as a skunk last night and was beaten before he even started his walk on let alone actually getting on the stage

Whitlock - out because Winstanley wanted the game a lot more than Whitlock last night

Wade - out because he is going through a real bad patch with his personal problems at the moment - I'm surprised he hasn't just taken a couple of months out

Lewis - only plays well in bursts in all competitions apart from the Worlds which seems about the only one he cares about
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Not sure whats wrong with Lewis these days, just does not seem to be doing anything right.

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Personally I love the short format comps because then we will have upsets. And its fun to see some of the lesser known players make a good comp then watching the same old people every time Smile

And no some of you guys :P I'm not slating the precious Taylor Smile
I love to see good darts like all you guys, but I also love it when there comes someone new to fight with the big names Smile

Like when Scotty won this tourney Smile It was a great deal of fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of the best players out in grand slam 2012   One of the best players out in grand slam 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

One of the best players out in grand slam 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1