We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesUnicorn Unitool ?  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Unicorn Unitool ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Watsontotty

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:17 am

Are they actually any good or not as im looking to purchase one, ive had the a180 re pointer and didn't like it so sold it on however im looking to get another one. I'm told storm points and laser points are no good for the unitool which is a shame but it still could be useful to me.

Please let me know your thoughts on it.

Rich
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:06 am

I have one and have managed to put in Storm points with it, you can't take them out with it though, use a pair of pliers and an adjustable spanner - works a treat Smile

I would certainly be lost without it, paid about £30 from ebay for it, came with about 6 sets of points, grooved and smooth, worth every penny IMO:

http://www.dartsnutz.com/t956-unicorn-unitool-re-pointer?highlight=unicorn+unitool
Back to top Go down
Watsontotty

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:12 am

so you can put storms in with it can you, don't think i would need it to remove storm points so im looking to purchase one.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 am

Yes, I have put Storms in 3 or 4 sets without much trouble, they went in the Target Lewis darts no problem however they were a bit tight going into a set of Unicorn Lewis' but went in eventually with a bit of a struggle.

Only set of points I have had a problem with was Target Diamond points, the end of the point bent but that was due to me applying too much force, never had a point bend since, you get to know when to stop twisting after a couple of goes.

Back to top Go down
nuts2nuts

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 am

Is the Unitool like a modified rivet gun? How does it compare to normal repointers like the target ones?
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:27 am

I have only had the Unicorn one, it is, like you say a modded rivet gun, the rivet gun removes the points (except Storms Smile) and there's a small barrel on one of the arms with a screwing mechanism that sits in the back of the barrel (where the stem attaches) - pop the dart in the arm with the new point in place and screw it down - it is pretty stiff to start with but once used a few times works fine.
Back to top Go down
nuts2nuts

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:58 am

Thanks Rebel! Do the storm points really break easily when they fall point first to concrete? I'm looking at some storm points and the unicorn gripper points as I throw really lightly and rely on point grips.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:25 am

I have never personally damaged a Storm point, however I have heard of only 1 occasion where a storm point broke (think it was McInnis180) - it was a finger grip Storm point and it broke on one of the grooves.

Could just have been an imperfection in the casting of that particular point - in my opinion any grip point is automatically weakened slightly when the groove is put in but it is very rare they break as far as I know.

Back to top Go down
nuts2nuts

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 am

Thanks a ton! I'll just have to be careful then. Cheers! happy dude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unicorn Unitool ?    Unicorn Unitool ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Unicorn Unitool ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1