We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imageswhat is softtip? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

what is softtip?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:43 am

On friday I go to my captain's factory after work for a chuck and so do alot of other Leeming dart members of various grades, anyhow I was telling them anout this forum and how helpfull and informative it is and happend to mention something about softip darts. Well I had six!!! yes six!!! people who have played for years standing there looking at me blankley thinking what is this guy on about, I had to explain to them that it is a real sport allong with some rules and regs and flashing, beeping and auto scoring. I am dumbfounded that these blokes have never heard of it !!!! I am going to ask a few more people at summer darts (2 weeks) RANDOMLY to see how common this is in W.A.

Any how Im off to bead had too many, gota put this night behind me I just got my ass searved in darts by my own personal arch nemisiss

p.s. Im not speking mi spelling
Back to top Go down
jamie373

jamie373

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 3:23 am

to be honest i didn't know people actually played it for real until i started looking for darts and found this site. i thought it was what you bought the kids when you worry about them putting holes all over the walls. i didn't think you would get good sets of darts just thought it would be toy brass darts with the cheap all in one stems. sorry to offend anyone from across the pond ,but to be honest i didn't know much about steel tip either other than eric bristow and jocky wilson were quite good at it confused .
since learning bit about it and seeing the equipment for it i really want to give it a go. i hope soft tip takes of here . would be nice to see it in perhaps reillys or somewhere. though i think the arcades may be a good place for it to start and bring people into darts who are completely new to all aspects of the sport.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 4:12 am

I thought it was those things you stick in your ears?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
chrisbamb

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:56 am

Can't see Rileys getting them as people don't know how to play on the normal £20 boards properly let alone an expensive piece of electronic equipment!

The number of people I have to physically take the darts from because they try to throw them as hard as they possibly can into the board rather than playing correctly is unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 8:26 am

chrisbamb wrote:
Can't see Rileys getting them as people don't know how to play on the normal £20 boards properly let alone an expensive piece of electronic equipment!

The number of people I have to physically take the darts from because they try to throw them as hard as they possibly can into the board rather than playing correctly is unbelievable.

lol! there is always clowns like that! No
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 12:28 pm

cry laugh
getagrip wrote:
I thought it was those things you stick in your ears?
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Dirty, I'm thinking you wont find anyone that knows of soft tip darts. Here in Australia it isnt very well known.

If you were in NSW, you would find a few that know of it, but it hasnt seemed to of spread from there.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Jimbo21 wrote:
Dirty, I'm thinking you wont find anyone that knows of soft tip darts. Here in Australia it isnt very well known.

If you were in NSW, you would find a few that know of it, but it hasnt seemed to of spread from there.
I understand that it is not popular but to not know of it at all especially with people that love their darts. Hell I even went to Big W for stems a couple of years ago and they sold packets of 100 tips but no softy darts or boards. I suppose that I only found out about 2 years ago then. But you see it all the time on you tube when looking for matches.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 9:37 pm

I hadnt heard of it up until earlier this year and only because Rob Modra was playing in the world stages and told me to watch it.
Back to top Go down

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Make sure you watch Stage 8 live tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what is softtip? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is softtip?   what is softtip? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is softtip?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Soft Tip Darts :: Soft Tip General Chat-