We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesREVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harrowsarrows

Harrowsarrows

REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER Empty
PostSubject: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:00 am

After months of fruitless searching for a decent tungsten metal cleaner i came across this on Amazon:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Peek metal cleaner currently £4.09 delivered. Thought i'd give it a try as although it does not specify tungsten by name it does say it cleans all metals. Arrived today and got to work on an old set of Durro Bristow and here's the results:

BEFORE:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AFTER:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The standard use of an old toothbrush and soapy mild detergent warm water will remove some oxisidation and dirt but is nowhere near as effective as this cleaner in my opinion. Just use a small amount on the barrel surface and use a soft cloth to buff up.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:02 am

WOW! they look fantastic. +1 from me mate
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:10 am

Darts look great but its the shape of those flight I like.
are they like a large coal cracker of is it the photo that makes then look bigger?
Back to top Go down
Harrowsarrows

Harrowsarrows

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:20 am

DIRTY G wrote:
Darts look great but its the shape of those flight I like.
are they like a large coal cracker of is it the photo that makes then look bigger?

Kite shaped old Durro Crafty Cockney flights. Photo may make them look a touch bigger than they are in the bottom pic. Top one looks a better true representation of size as it was taken right above the darts. Bottom was shot from a front angle.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:31 am

Thats quite impressive!

I have some Autosol but I have not tried it on a tungsten set of darts, I wonder if it will do as good a job?

Although sometimes I prefer the feel of an oxidised set as it tends to grip better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 am

The red one is the one that I know as a kite, notice there is no second angle near the bottom like the coal cracker (white). It looks more like a coal craker but is flatter at the top and looks wider near the bottom. This shape whould suit my throwing style I think.

Prob an old style coal cracker
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 am

your a cracker G lol!
Back to top Go down
Harrowsarrows

Harrowsarrows

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:00 pm

DIRTY G wrote:
The red one is the one that I know as a kite, notice there is no second angle near the bottom like the coal cracker (white). It looks more like a coal craker but is flatter at the top and looks wider near the bottom. This shape whould suit my throwing style I think.

See what you mean Dirty G. The red flight would generally be the shape most people refer to as kite. A few companies still do the cut away version like your white flight there and the CC ones on my Durro darts are the same sort of size as your white Pentathlon.
Back to top Go down
Harrowsarrows

Harrowsarrows

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:05 pm

getagrip wrote:
Thats quite impressive!

I have some Autosol but I have not tried it on a tungsten set of darts, I wonder if it will do as good a job?

Although sometimes I prefer the feel of an oxidised set as it tends to grip better.

Autosol eh? Sounds like car cleaner! Try it on a cheap set first if you're going to!

Yeah hear what you're saying regards old oxidisation giving better grip. Don't suffer from grip problems or sweaty hands though so have always preferred the more silver look myself. Don't overclean darts by any means as too shiny can be as bad as too dull and grey.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Yeah it is a car product mainly but it does say for all metals on the box so might try it on an old set and see what it does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 pm

I think caustic soda is about tha only thing that will hurt nickle tungsten it is even impervious to hydrocloric acid!!!!! copper tungsten is a different story though!!!!
Back to top Go down
habanerojooz

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:09 pm

DIRTY G wrote:

Here in the US, the white flight on the RH side is what we call a Fantail shape.

But getting back to the topic, I clean my barrels with soap and water.

When I was in Hong Kong recently, one of the soft tip bars had a super sonic jewelry cleaner on the bar that customers used to clean their darts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER   REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER Empty

Back to top Go down

REVIEW FOR PEEK METAL CLEANER

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1