We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesWorld Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  Empty
PostSubject: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:37 pm

I was amazed with Mervyn King's pre game and post match interview.

In the pre match interview he said MVG is over the top with his celebrations.
Then when he lost he complained that he didnt get the chance to play and had to play against MVG and the crowd.

I just thought he was pathetic and a really bad sportsman.
You could also see this when MVG celebrated a couple of times at the end of the leg and forgot he was to throw first in the next leg. Mervyn just comes across as an arrogant and big headed person.

MVG doesnt celebrate in front of his opponent or in a personal way. He celebrates to the crowd.

Mervyn is a good player but you can clearly see why he is disliked.
I remember seeing him at the lakeside losing and asking to stop the match to get the oche measured.

To me Mervyn King took the shine off a great tournement and final.
He could have just said that MVG played well to win and has a great future.

I believe Mervyn should have got fined for his interview. I would also like to see him go back to the BDO if he doesnt like the crowds and wants to be a big fish in a small pond.
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:46 pm

i agree everyone has there owen way of celbrating if they played well anothe so they should when taylor celbrates doesnt hold back and why should any of the othere just sore losers is all it is ive seen some bad sportmenship in the passed including once one dart not even shake phils hand and just walk of there no call for that at there level there pros they should act like it in my opinon anyway
ps i like to watch old matches with jocky wilson what a good laugh he was
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:29 pm

I also liked the 80's when Jocky and Eric used to play. In Scotland they used to give Eric some real stick and even throw the odd full beer can at him!
He used to just play the crowd and neither of them would be so weak as to blame the crowd for them lossing!

Think players like Mervyn King need to get used to the likes of MVG and Adrian Lewis, as they are going to have to get used to lossing to them in my view.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:23 pm

I seem to remember MVG beating king in the masters a few years back, whilst having to put up with king doing an imitation of the mouth king MVG does. MVG never once complained. King's just unsporting IMO
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Hardly surprising he gets booed, a lot he has brought on himself, although I dont agree with the crowd booing when they are taking their go at the oche but I can't see how they can stop it now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Yea I think he coulda been more diplomatic about it and acknowledge MVG's achievement. Lets face it King had him on tost and he kept his cool and came back. Got a good grasp of the bottle that kid. King got beat by a better player on the day.

He is not the first and deffo not the last player that will have to put up with that kind of behaviour. Guess if you know the crowd is against you you just gota block it out like a pro and now he's gona have to get use to it I suppose.

Sure beats complete and utter silence and then a cough or a fart mid throw lol!
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:14 pm

He wears earplugs anway for goodness sake!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Should invest in a ball gag aswell
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Its not as if its the first time he's face'd a crowd booing him, he's got used to it over the years and it struck me as him being a bit of a sore loser..of course it can't be easy when the crowd are against you and it must feel unfair but they were against him from the off and he managed to get to 4-1 up before he choked. even if he didn't mean it, congratulating MVG would have went a long way in my books.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 pm

I won't defend him blaming the crowd as that happens to all. IMO he used the crowd as an excuse for the real problem which is MVG bouncing around the stage after every leg. I think thats what really frustrated King, not the crowd

Some say you are supposed to lose with dignity and win with grace. IMO neither of them did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:48 pm

^^^^ What match were you watching???

MvG did everything right imo.

He didn't even celebrate as much as I thought considering it was a major win.

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Winmau wrote:

The same one you were. He celebrated like mad after almost every leg. Im not defending either one as i could care less about either player. I just know that i would have been pretty narked off if my opponent kept doing it
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 am

During the match I had sympathy for Merv. I would never boo a player, even if I disliked him and he was playing the worlds greatest Brendan Dolan ( still not biased ). It is understandable that King was miffed but he should have just applauded MVG and left it like that.

As soon as he started bitching I then thought, what a complete and utter tool you are. He gets booed everywhere, including England, where you would think the home support would be with him but it's just that he is a tool and very difficult to like.

Sadly the numpty doesn't have the sense to say nothing in order to stop as many people booing. He slabbers and then more people dislike him. He is on a vicious cycle that will continue throughout his career, and no-one to blame but himself.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:06 am

DIRTY G wrote:

lol on floor
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 am

Winmau wrote:

Yep I agree with JD on this one. Hell King's alright guys he was just disappointed is all. I mean he just loss a lot of money and he was frustrated after leading 4-1 so I understand really. And it makes for good TV. After all they not robots (exception is Taylor lol). I like that kind of stuff and Hankey I really enjoy! Has any one seen his mum? lol! Thx Assasin ya get a thumks up on this one.
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:26 am

Winmau wrote:

Hit the nail on the head there
I think he was quite conservative compared to his former matches. he must have toned it down for mr nobody likes me King.
Whouldnt it be nice if dart players wernt so fat and start doing back flips arfter every leg they won. lol!
Mervy whould prob take his darts and flights and go home. No one should get there heckles up over the way a guy cellebrates good darts unles it is an outright in your face last dart of the match. This is just the way the guy phycs him self up.
just need to look at the moment he won there was 3 or 4 short fist pumps before he shook that mans hand (1:38.43 into link), nothing like taylors jumping around like a frog on a B.B.Q and that was M.V.G's first big one!!!

The guy quite rightly deserves to celebrate. You see it all the time in other sports, take the soccer for example (sorry euro's but thats what we call it over here lol! ) running around skidding on there knees with there shirt pulled over there head cuz it took them an hour to get a POINT (thats what we call it over here).
King whould have a cow if that happend in darts.

Pull ya Head in King
If ya cant handle the heat dont get in the fying pan cuz its on the fire.

Bottle bropping , he had it then blamed his tools for F'n up.

SOZ about the langy rebel smilie

Last edited by USMC80 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Language)
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:36 am

Sounds like MVGs celebrating like that wouldn't bother anyone else if that was them on the stage. Find that hard to believe
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:44 am

It doesnt take much to throw you of your game does it. here are 3 things that i can think of.

Take your time
drop your darts
cartwheel back behind your opponent
fart

dam thats 4

"I can count to potato"
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 am

I wouldn't finish the game as one of us would be thrown out in a hurry
Back to top Go down
DIRTY G

DIRTY G

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:51 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thats what THEY do. Im a compleat gentlman and I cant do cartweels but i can fart loud. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rotty

Rotty

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:36 am

DIRTY G wrote:
lmao
Back to top Go down
Smiling Assassin

Smiling Assassin

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 am

This is nothing like when Bristow used to play Jocky in Scotland. Eric used to get some real stick from the crowd and even the odd full can of beer thrown at him.
He had some back bone and got on with the job and celebrated at the end if he won.
Neither Jocky or Eric would blame the crowd if they lost!!

If Phil Taylor was playing MVG in the final I am sure he would have tried to slow the game down. I think this is more off putting than celebrating at the end of a leg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews    World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews  Empty

Back to top Go down

World Grand Prix Mervyn King Pre and post final interviews

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1