We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDennis Smith photo on ebay LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Dennis Smith photo on ebay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mc1958

mc1958

Dennis Smith photo on ebay Empty
PostSubject: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this so I plumped for here - I found this item funny

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350617109502?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It is supposed to be a picture of dart player Dennis Smith and dates from 1976. If you read the blurb that comes with the item they have copied and pasted from wikipedia, but it even says that he was born in 1969. I don't know how old the bloke in the picture is but he is certainly older than the 7 that Smiffy would have been at the time!!!

I also like the fact they state in their blurb:

Quote :
[note: we try very hard to offer you the most accurate details,
but ask that you look at the scans below to see actual image and information]

They were obviously very accurate with this one lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:50 pm

LOL I have no idea who that is but its not the Smiffy we know cry laugh
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:55 pm

It could be a young Dennis Ovens - but with the typewriter in the background I reckon it's an author or a reporter/paper editor or something like that.

I took pity on them and sent them a message about it lol
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 am

People like this get to vote, drive on our roads etc and change many aspects of our daily lives. We're clearly heading in the right direction with these clowns! lol!

What did your message say Mike?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:23 am

Luckily this particular clown isn't terrorising our streets - he's in Memphis in the US so I feel sorry for our American members lol.

As for my message:

Quote :
Are you sure this is a darts player called Dennis Smith?

If it was taken in 1976 it definitely won't be the player that is in your description as he would have only been 7 at the time.

I know Smith is a common name in the UK so there may have been another darts player called Dennis, but I can't recall one from that era although I may well be wrong.

Quite tame I thought lol.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:36 am

Lol us lot in Wales have that god awful show The Valleys, all got our crosses to bare I suppose lol!

Yeah your message was polite and to the point! Laughing

Back to top Go down
RichardE

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:40 am

I am going to send the link to Dennis lol sure he will have a giggle
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 pm

The seller has a number of pictures of this guy for sale, however, one of them has him as Dennis Smith ex-firefighter and writer:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1973-Press-Photo-Dennis-Smith-Ex-Fire-Man-and-Writer-/280969848977?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item416b1ba891#ht_3455wt_1018

God knows why the listing has him as the darts player!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:42 pm

i brought that pic just to throw darts at lol just kidding
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 pm

I just searched their other listings for "Dennis Smith" and there is another photo of the guy wearing the exact same gear as the purported darts player picture - but it was taken two years later lol.

For an ebay shop that supposedly tries very hard to give accurate listings they aren't doing a very good job lol. God know what other garbage they have come up with in their other items!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dennis Smith photo on ebay   Dennis Smith photo on ebay Empty

Back to top Go down

Dennis Smith photo on ebay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1