We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! Empty
PostSubject: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:04 am

Now I know there are not Bristows but a friend ask me could he borrow my old Bristows so he can get a new set made. That is when world war 3 broke out. I have not got any Bristows but my friend insisted that I had. For clarfication purposes can someone please tell him that these darts are not old Bristows. Many thanks in advance. Bristows is straight all the way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:25 am

Dont like like Brissys to me
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:34 am

Thank you my dear chap, could you say that again please!!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:41 am

They dont look like Brissy to me!

Hows that? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:43 am

Thank you, I hate being prove right!!!! Have a good weekend end sir, they do not even look like them lol!!!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:46 am

Happy to help! Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:06 am

they are definetly bristows !!! just kidding mate. Its safe to say they are not because Grip knows his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Taffy

Taffy

PostSubject: ahhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 4:21 am

Although I don't have them any longer I had a set of Brissy's 22gram Durro darts back in the seventies, and I would say that the darts in the picture aren't Bristow's darts. If I remember correctly they used to have 16 rings on them, but although they were straight they did have a very, very slight taper at the end where the shaft went? Now these darts in the picture look heavier than 22grams to me, and if they are heavier, then perhaps this is what's throwing us off the scent so to speak? Because if they are 24, or 26gram then the 'slight' taper on the end would become more exaggerated perhaps, especially as they would be 80% tungsten, and thus even thicker in diameter.

So???
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:38 am

I set about 5 sets of brissy (Durro's and Harrows) and they are not like the ones I've seen.

They do look old though, 80's or 90's ??
Back to top Go down
rabsmith2

rabsmith2

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 am

I think 24 g, around early 80's and Taffy sssssssssssssshhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 10:29 am

SilverSaber wrote:
they are definitely bristows !!! just kidding mate. Its safe to say they are not because Grip knows his stuff.

Sorry but you and Grip are wrong. Right now Eric B. is pacing around his house patting his breast pocket saying "Where the 'eff are my darts!"

..they ARE Bristow's!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 10:34 am

Bristows of that age have 16 rings. Those have 15.
Back to top Go down
tutb62

tutb62

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 10:44 am

they look like an old set of data dart i used to have they look exactly like the 1s i 1st started playin in the 80s but mine wer 28g if that any help ??????
Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 am

Winmau wrote:
Bristows of that age have 16 rings. Those have 15.

Nope. They Are Bristow's.

.... and he want them back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!   ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ahhhhhhhhhh Bristow!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Vintage Darts and Darts History :: Vintage Darts-