We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSticking with one set LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Sticking with one set

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheFox180

Sticking with one set Empty
PostSubject: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:20 am

After a few weeks of chopping and changing darts (due me buying what i thought would be the perfect set, then realising otherwise) Iv finally settled on one set.

No its not the a180 chizzys, that i love oh so dearly. Or even the 23g Customs i threw so well with before and nagged grip about for weeks on end. In fact its a set I bought on a whim. 22g Target Mcdines.

I picked these up today and threw 8 games with them against my mate, and failed to hit anything less than a 20 dart leg. I even threw a 14 dart-er, which could have been a 9. 167, 167, 40(?!?) 87, then 40 in 2 darts.

Ended the session which consisted of a 14 dart leg, 3 18s, and 4 20's with a pleasing avg of 81.24

I think (hope) that after years of searching, I found the dart for me.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:30 am

Grab a back up set of them, that way if you have 2 sets I think you are more likely to stick with them, thats what I did with the Lewis' and so far so good.

Must admit them McDines do look rather smart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:32 am

167-167???

Shocked

Nice!!!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:34 am

I got a set of the stone grip McDines - really nice darts. I agree with Rebel - if you are going to stick with them get yourself another set, especially now he isn't sponsored by Target so no more will be made.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:43 am

I have been with me rasta's now for about a month and its paying dividends. So stick with them good or bad play mate cuz its not your darts you know that.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 4:44 am

Good plan, I have honestly purchased I'd guess over 100 sets of darts ...... my game went to total poo a year or so ago (from winning league titles to getting beat by players who don't even practice).

I went back to my old darts(I used for years and years) about 4 months ago just before this years season started and BANG, I've not lost a game this year yet, I even beat a guy I've never come close to beating last week who is regarded as one of the best players in the 4 divisions, I hit 7 tons in 2 legs and wired a 113 finish to take him out 2-0 (team thrashed them 8-1 in the end).

The darts just feel so right, I was always looking to just get a little more out of my darts set up when really, I think I needed to just be honest with myself and settle on the fact that sometimes I play really well and other times I play crap, chopping and changing darts wont solve that.

Personally, I think it took me about 2 or 3 years to totally feel right with my darts, now nothing feels close to them.

I've banned myself from buying new darts and instead collect the old vintage ones as a hobby.

I blame the likes of taylor for setting the bar so high !!
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:15 am

Winmau wrote:
167-167???

Shocked

Nice!!!

Was aiming for the old 167-167-167. Sadly hit a t5 rather than a t20 on my 3rd visit Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:40 am

Glad to hear it for you Fox! Just when I think I am out of swapping/changing, I try another set and start all over again - sure wish I could pick one set and stay with them.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:42 am

Lets hope these are the ones then!

Good darts too Fox! happy dude
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:45 am

getagrip wrote:

Cheers grip, Im going to persevere with these for sure
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:38 am

Thefox180 wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Cheers grip, Im going to persevere with these for sure

ya better slPPING chicken
Back to top Go down
jake8380

jake8380

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 am

I've always been of the opinion to stick with what works. A good player can throw any set of darts pretty well. It is consistency that will suffer.

Get a good set that works for you and stick with them. I've been playing since the late 80's and competitively since the 90's. My first set was a set of Piranha's. I played with them for years. One of the barrels cracked and my second set was Black Widows. I still have them and just replaced them with a set of Dynasty "Burning" as I needed more grip in the back of the dart.

I see so many players that will rotate darts each week or even during league or a tournament match. It's the same thing in golf. Get a set that works stick with them as you need to be confident in your equipment. If you've played well in the past with the equipment but something is off, rest-assured that it is you that is off.

It all boils down to confidence. You must have confidence in the equipment you are using as you can't always have confidence in your game.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 5:11 am

jake8380 wrote:
I've always been of the opinion to stick with what works. A good player can throw any set of darts pretty well. It is consistency that will suffer.

Get a good set that works for you and stick with them. I've been playing since the late 80's and competitively since the 90's. My first set was a set of Piranha's. I played with them for years. One of the barrels cracked and my second set was Black Widows. I still have them and just replaced them with a set of Dynasty "Burning" as I needed more grip in the back of the dart.

I see so many players that will rotate darts each week or even during league or a tournament match. It's the same thing in golf. Get a set that works stick with them as you need to be confident in your equipment. If you've played well in the past with the equipment but something is off, rest-assured that it is you that is off.

It all boils down to confidence. You must have confidence in the equipment you are using as you can't always have confidence in your game.

Amen to that Jake, spot on mate head spin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sticking with one set   Sticking with one set Empty

Back to top Go down

Sticking with one set

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1