We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest images23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rebel

Rebel

23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure Empty
PostSubject: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:34 am

I have always fancied grabbing a set of Pure's since I first saw them, the idea of a 'pure' dart, whereby the barrel and the point were made from one single billet of tungsten appealed to me being a huge fan of the Target Storm points and after seeing Colin Lloyd throwing them recently the urge became too much.

So after a small win on the horses at the weekend I decided to splash out just under £40 for a set, in 23g, from Puredarts.co.uk.

The package arrived this morning and I was eager to see what was inside, no surprises, the standard Target packaging, this time with Colin Lloyd on the front, a nice sharp black design with the weight (23g) and a close up of the 'pure' point showing its micro ring grip:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Inside, again the standard Target packaging, the foam insert with the darts held within, 3 black shafts and 2 sets of silver mirrored Target flights (one standar, one pear) plus a sharpening stone and instructions on how to look after the points:

I don't mind the fact that most Target darts don't come with a case, most darts that do I usually give the cases or wallets away anyway or just use them to store unused darts, so the foam packaging is ideally for storing darts.

So the darts themselves, awesome little things, quite a small darts for 23g, measures about 46mm so somewhat shorter than the Lewis darts that I use but they fly really well, they have a nice balance and I have to say, as always, very well made darts from Target:

The grip is superb, considering it is just standard ring grip the edges are very sharp, I would give them at least a 4/5 for grip, they really do stick to the fingers when throwing:

So there they are, Target Pure's (Design 1) as used by Colin Lloyd, a unique design and really well made. Plenty of grip and a nice balance so I would give them a 5/5. They are quite expensive at around £40 but the quality and the detail is what you pay for.

I will not be switching from my Lewis' just yet but I just had to give the Pure's a try and I am glad I did, money well spent.

Last edited by Rebel on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:37 am

Just popped on me stems and flights, these beauty's are now ready to go and practice:

Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:38 am

Look nice reb, couple of the points look fatter than the other though
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 6:50 am

I see what you mean, made me go check but they are all the same, must have been my photography or the lighting (Im no David Bailey Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
Del

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:05 am

I had a set of these and boy do they grip the board the bloody things where hard to pull out some times , but they where nice wee darts
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:41 am

Nice Job Greg, they are nice looking darts, its just the fat stubby points that never appealed to me. Think they are the better of the designs though. +1 mate good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 9:12 am

Cheers Grip, yeah first time I saw them I thought 'nah, ugly points', than I looked at the price and thought 'nah, too dear' then after seeing them several times I just had to give them a try, glad I did saucepot
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 11:35 am

How far do you bury the points into the board Reb? Those points look about the same length as my conversion points.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 am

I would say 80-90% of the point sticks in the board, they do leave small holes when you remove them but those soon close up.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:49 am

Loving these so far, very grippy at the back. It's entirely possible these could be replacing my mcdines. Must stick to one set!!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure   23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure Empty

Back to top Go down

23g Colin Lloyd Target Pure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1