We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesTorpal Darts, VERY rare  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Torpal Darts, VERY rare

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stuart180

Stuart180

Torpal Darts, VERY rare  Empty
PostSubject: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:09 am

Great set of darts, mega rare, these possibly may have been the orignal set before they could have been re-branded and sold as "Jack Hood darts" (as per grips set posted on here).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They had a cracking set of original News of the world flights in the box.

These are Mint condition.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:30 am

Yep that is exactly the same as the Hoods I had, it a bit of a puzzle really.

A very unique dart though, thanks for posting mate good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:29 am

Not normally a fan of the old, vintage and collectable darts but I really like the look of those darts throw
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Very cool indeed.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:12 pm

fun to look at. THX
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:27 am

Hi again Stuart, as I keep looking around this site I keep finding different interesting things, I know I'm getting a bit repetitive now but I also have these in my collection, but in the same Jack Hood tin as Iv'e seen in the pics in getagrips album
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:50 am

Really, there has to be a conection there then as im sure thats 3 people that have these in jacks tin.
They are a great set of darts, really smart invention.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:17 am

Yeah I was sure I had seen other sets like the ones in the tin with the same darts in too.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 10:53 am

What a beautiful set of darts they are. Hows that grip for there age, looks like grip design hasnt changed that much afterall.
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:24 pm

If any of you that have these and want to part with them please let me know. A must have for my collection.
I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:51 pm

I thought you had some already Mark?

Guess not.

I have only seen them a few times on Ebay, and in two occasions it was as Jack Hood darts.
Back to top Go down
shafted

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:46 pm

I would just like to add Stuart, that mine in the Jack Hood case came with the identical news of the world flights as yours, and I have also seen another set on ebay in the Jack Hood case with the same flights, so it makes you wonder if these are the original flights
Back to top Go down
dartbord

dartbord

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 am

No, that was a set that got away. Like you the price went way to high for me at the time.
Still on the wish list.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Well, there simply has to be some connection with Jack Hood and these darts, although Dr-Darts said there was no affiliation, It seems a bit strange that there seems to be multiple sets out there in Jack Hood Cases.

Maybe Jack purchased a load of these darts cheap and sold them off in his cases ??

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torpal Darts, VERY rare    Torpal Darts, VERY rare  Empty

Back to top Go down

Torpal Darts, VERY rare

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1