We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mc1958

mc1958

Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay Empty
PostSubject: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Was looking on Ebay the other day and saw a set of Dorwin darts - series seven if that means anything - which I won for £4.75. Don't know if that's a good price or not, but I picked them up from the local sorting office today and I can now see the fascination with Dorwin's - they are definitely a thing of beauty:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also picked up a set of Kwiz darts from Wilds of Luton - don't know anything else about them but the auction was just finishing and I got them for 99p lol. Another beautiful set, but I prefer the Dorwin's out of the two:

As is my wont I had a couple of throws with them and they fly really nice and straight - but they are now consigned to be looked at only in case I cause any damage to them lol.

Quick question for Darren - the Kwiz ones could do with a little clean - what would you suggest I use please?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Mike,

I was bidding on those Dorwins too LOL! was not too bothered though as I have lots of them but you can see why I like them now Very Happy

The Kwix ones are brass so if you really want to clean them then any metal polishing solution such as Autosol works fine, or even some brasso.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Sorry about that Darren - I only bid on them as they looked quite cheap and I was curious what all the fuss was about - now I know lol.

Thanks for the info on the Kwiz darts - I'll get some brasso next time I'm in Tesco's Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:32 pm

No worries Mike, like I say I have a lot of them already but sometimes if I see a set with different advertising on or a different pattern or colour I have a bid but dont go crazy. There is also a mini Dorwin but you dont see them as much, I have a set but find them harder to throw than the normal size ones.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:00 am

Not from ebay, here are my second set of Dorwin's:

Bit expensive at £20 but I like them and well pleased with them.

Got another couple of sets on the way from ebay as well now - I'm loving the Dorwin's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:12 am

LOL oh no what have I started?

I think I have some Dorwins in my sale folder in my album, not many though as I like em too.

That set you have above look like they have the same powdery paint as what is on my mini dorwins, reminds me of white wash and rubs off easily, no idea if it was put on by the company or the owner, I thought maybe people might have put it on themselves for extra grip?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:28 am

You've unleashed a monster - that's what you've done lol.

I've just had a quick look in your sale folder - your green ones you posted earlier are in there along with another set that look good as well. Will have to work out the finances (along with what else I'm looking at on ebay lol) and I may get back to you on those two sets in a few days time Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:30 am

As for the whitewash, it doesn't seem to rub off on mine - I quite like it as it adds a bit of character to the dart. I agree though it was probably added to give a little more grip
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:26 am

I must have two sets of green ones then, was not sure about that, will have to double check as I think I only put ones in that I had two of.

Back to top Go down
davidsproull

davidsproull

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:46 am

Quote :
I think I have some Dorwins in my sale folder in my album, not many though as I like em too.

I saw the sale folder... but wasnt sure if they were actually for sale. Umm.. how do I find out how much etc. etc. ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tblacblog.com/
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:02 am

semd me a pm and let me know what your interested in David Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Got back from the post office a short while ago and picked up some more toys - here are the latest Dorwins that belonged to someone called D.E.Wait of the Whitewash Dart Club, Basingstoke, Hampshire. I tried googling the name and the club quickly and nothing turned up, so I guess the club is no more.

I'm guessing these darts are from 1952 as Mr Wait was obviously not a bad player - he got presented with them as hew was the Hampshire Dart Champion from 1942 to 1952. The Pig & Whistle that is mentioned would appear to have been closed for a while and actually got demolished in 2002:

Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 pm

They look like they started the fit flight craze all those years ago.

That last set looks like it has cardboard flights.

They are a very nice looking dart.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:31 pm

They are a very nice dart - I've thrown the first couple of sets I got and they flew really well. I can't see me ever throwing the latest set though.

The flights are made of some sort of stiff paper or card.

I blame Darren for getting me hooked on these Dorwins - I've got another couple of sets on the way as well lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:40 pm

Very Happy I have turned you to the Old Side Master Mike! dont fight it!

Thats nice that they have the writing on so you know the history of that particular set.

I had some old darts before which had a persons name and address on from a small village in cumbria if I remember rightly. The darts were bough from a seller in the south. When I did a search I found a website of the local village hall with the same surname in it, the name was Copstick so I figured they must have been relatives.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Definitely turned to the old side - here are my latest 2 sets of Dorwins lol:

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:01 am

Nice one whats the advertising on the blue ones?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:50 am

It's not really advertising - the middle one just says "made in England" and the ones on the side say "Dorwin True Balace". All 3 darts say the same but I thought I'd show both in the pic lol:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay   Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorwin and Kwiz darts from Ebay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1