We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest images10g Micro Lites LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

10g Micro Lites

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheFox180

10g Micro Lites Empty
PostSubject: 10g Micro Lites   10g Micro Lites EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm

Thought I'd give these a quick review. Cant use pics though I'm afraid due to a bust camera but i'll do my best here anyway. So here's a link to the darts on Red dragons website. http://www.reddragondarts.com/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=big&p=1691&secdesc=1&id=dragon

These darts dropped through my door this morning courtesy of MattStan, my first impression was 'Wow! I wasnt expecting them to be so small!'
Obviously I realise a 10g dart is going to be smaller than most but they really are tiny! The barrel is 35.6mm long, 5.7mm at it's thickest point and 4mm at its thinnest with a lovely scallop in the middle.

I also received some gram scales from JD this morning so i thought i'd give them a weigh and see how they matched up. I was indeed surprised, two of the darts were bang on the money at 10g, the third dart weighed in at 10.1g. Great craftsmanship from Red Dragon.

Now as we all know, a lighter dart is alot less forgiving when it comes to throwing, if you're off that darts going squirelley (Cheers Rum).
But these don't seem to be off at all, they fly very straight, aside from my first three, which can only be described as a spray across the board scoring 36 (single 5, single bull, single 6). Every other throw went pretty much where i wanted them too, scoring a few 100+ and what would have been a 140 if it weren't for a bounce out.

In all a very nice dart, a set I think i could get used to very quickly.

Apologies again for the lack of pictures!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
getagrip

getagrip

10g Micro Lites Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10g Micro Lites   10g Micro Lites EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Sounds interesting Fox, I have some of the Red Dragon 12g darts, I have a throw with them now and then, sometimes I can throw well with them but they still feel too light for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
McInnis180

McInnis180

10g Micro Lites Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10g Micro Lites   10g Micro Lites EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Have 14g darts and I really like them....for such a small dart they do fly straight which amazed me....lol Had to stop using them I liked them too much!!!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

10g Micro Lites Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10g Micro Lites   10g Micro Lites EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 pm

wow nice. And very nice of our members to share btw group hug

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

10g Micro Lites Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10g Micro Lites   10g Micro Lites EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 am

10g is super light. I'd love to have a go at them but think I've found my perfect weight to be around 15 grams for the entire darts.

Do you find that they group a little better since they're so small?

Also, what do you normally play with?
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

10g Micro Lites Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10g Micro Lites   10g Micro Lites EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:48 am

They're grouping really well Jd.

I normally throw with a 24g
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

10g Micro Lites Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10g Micro Lites   10g Micro Lites Empty

Back to top Go down

10g Micro Lites

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1