We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest images Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Phil Taylor Out Controversy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  Empty
PostSubject: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:08 am

If you read the comments on this video, more then one person have said he missed. I've reviewed the tape several times, and it is my opinion that after seeing everyone's reaction and the referee leaning in to double check, he did indeed hit 50 with his last dart.
People said there are interviews after were he said he missed, and different camera angles, etc... I believe this to be a bunch of crap. It's not like they are playing fro free. A lot of money and ranking points are on the line here. If Phil knew he missed I'm sure he would of said something?

Thoughts on the matter???

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:11 am

def in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:14 am

USMC80 wrote:
def in

I agree. There is no way that it wasn't.

I know people talk crap in Youtube comments all the time, but a few said something about an interview and a diff camera angle.

Hogwash!!!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:15 am

view profile-statistics
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:33 am

You can see it Go in? It lands infront of the dart thats already in dbull, completely blocking it. So how can it not have gone in when you can see the point hit the red bit?
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:40 am

Most definately 100% IN no doubt about it!!! The best player in the world ever! does not need to cheat especially when he knew he would have at least 3 more possibly 6 more darts at his double??

Hat hatrick
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:54 am

Haven't watched the video but this was discussed elsewhere - he said he missed it in the interview afterwards but it is clearly in. The big controversy is why he said what he did.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:58 am

mc1958 wrote:
Haven't watched the video but this was discussed elsewhere - he said he missed it in the interview afterwards but it is clearly in. The big controversy is why he said what he did.

Like larry, because he's old
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:02 am

USMC80 wrote:
mc1958 wrote:

But I wouldn't say senile dementia has set in with Taylor yet - besides which Taylor is not old, he's younger than me lol
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:02 am

mc1958 wrote:
USMC80 wrote:
mc1958 wrote:

But I wouldn't say senile dementia has set in with Taylor yet - besides which Taylor is not old, he's younger than me lol

Hmmm good point
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:11 am

ya young whipper snappers chicken aww wheres those pills?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 8:24 am

I remember and people were talking about it but I thought it was in too
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Big Gun

Big Gun

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 am

Well and truly in. I am on that video Behind the players when they have thrown and walking back in the blue T shirt I was on TV after every throw so got as much airtime as the players lol
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:04 pm

It looked in all day long to me. Plus with the bonus of a forum member as an eye witness, I think we can quash the rumours.
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:31 am

You had a great view Big Gun! Like Donkey said, the third dart clearly lands in front of the first one and in the red. From this camera angle you'd clearly see the point on the outside of the ring if it were. I looked for this interview where he says it missed. I can't find anything. Could people be mistaken? Maybe he said he thought it had missed at first. He clearly reacts like he hit it. The announcer is there, the scorekeepers are there, Jenkins is there, the cameras are there. No way it would have been overlooked if it had missed. Taylor wouldn't have risked the embarrassment and bad publicity of cheating. Nothing about the conspiracy makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:41 am

It was definitely in. He didn't even flinch when the dart hit the board and the camera angle certainly makes it appear from my perspective that the dart was in there.

I'm not saying this is entirely the case but I think because Phil Taylor is who he is and has achieved what he has causes him to be put under greater scrutiny be people who think that he may be off in even the slightest of fashions.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:38 am

Definitely in, no question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 am

I watched it live myself and saw it go in.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:59 am

I honestly think he would have pointed it out if it wasn't in. Add that to the members on here who saw first hand and the officials who would surely have spoted it.....his comment after was contradictory but could have been picked up wrong, blame it on adrenaline or watever but in my opinion
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:14 am

hamo wrote:
I honestly think he would have pointed it out if it wasn't in. Add that to the members on here who saw first hand and the officials who would surely have spoted it.....his comment after was contradictory but could have been picked up wrong, blame it on adrenaline or watever but in my opinion
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hahaha! Very nice Hamo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phil Taylor Out Controversy.     Phil Taylor Out Controversy.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Phil Taylor Out Controversy.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1