We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesYellow tops LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Yellow tops

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Big Gun

Big Gun

Yellow tops Empty
PostSubject: Yellow tops   Yellow tops EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:03 pm

I currently use Trulon Rev Grip stems and have done from my early days of playing & I have always known them to be a Black stem with a revolving Red top. I was browsing E-bay a few months ago and I spotted some stems that looked very similar to my beloved Rev Grips but they had a Yellow top. Does anyone know if these are a different version of Trulon Rev Grips or even if they made them with different coloured tops. I would like to have some different colours so I could change my tops to match my mood for the evening so if any one knows what these yellow ones were please let me know as any information would be good.

Cheers guys n gals
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Yellow tops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow tops   Yellow tops EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Do you have the Ebay link Kev?

I have looked through old mags and seen when the Rev Grip were first advertised but dont remember seeing any adverts with yellow tops from what I remember they were always red. I guess its possible they had other colours though.

These are the people who run the Trulon brand now I believe:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dartdirx/shafts_7.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Big Gun

Big Gun

Yellow tops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow tops   Yellow tops EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks for your response Grip
No I never kept it and was going to bid on them but got busy & forgot all about it. Then it was too late so just deleted it. I did speak to the chap at House of Darts regarding the stems but the die that they cut the tops from is now so old that he is not going to update it and the grooves in the top are really wide now from wear & tear on the die so you need a minimum of 100 microns just to keep the flight in the top & to be honest they do keep coming out rather than gripping like the originals did. I know the Yellow ones were old style so that's why I wanted some as the grooves will be tighter either that or pick up some old Red tops. The stems are even different and he told me that is due to the amount of fibre glass that used to be allowed in the stems back in the day, where as now the stems are not so shiny and are more of a matt finish. Despite my lengthy conversation with him I forgot to ask him if the Yellow tops were his so I will go back to him and ask.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Yellow tops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow tops   Yellow tops EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:08 pm

I see, I have some but mine are red and I am not sure if they are the modern ones or not, I suspect they may be but I will have a look and see if I have any that are like the old ones you mention.
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

Yellow tops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow tops   Yellow tops EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:25 pm

The old ones are a Dark Red with a really shiny Black stem the newer ones are a more Orangey Red with a Matt finish to the Black. It would probably be hard to see without putting the 2 together but when you have used something for 30 years you know as soon as you get them. It's a shame he won't replace the dia but he says there is not much call for the stems these days so not cost productive. I think they are one of the best stems on the market but that's only my opinion. I bought lots back in the 80's so had plenty to last me but running low now but mainly on tops as the shaft rarely break or split probably down to the fibre glass content.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Yellow tops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow tops   Yellow tops EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 pm

will have a look and see what I have then, will take some pics if I find them, may take me a few days to locate them though lol!
Back to top Go down
Big Gun

Big Gun

Yellow tops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow tops   Yellow tops EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 10:44 pm

No worries Cheers buddy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Yellow tops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow tops   Yellow tops EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:43 am

This is all I found Kev, the short stem on the far left looks different to the other two short stems,
if you want these pm me your address and I will send them to you mate:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yellow tops Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow tops   Yellow tops Empty

Back to top Go down

Yellow tops

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1