We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSlippy Barrels! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Slippy Barrels!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
andysong66

andysong66

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:58 pm

I always seem to be moistening my finger tips to get a better grip on my darts. I use Hi-Tec Primal 30gs at the moment but am going to buy some new lighter ones later today.
Has anybody tried the Hi-Tec Vice? Or does anybody have any useful tips for getting a better grip?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:20 pm

I find that once my hands get a bit sweaty, maybe 20mins or so after I start playing, thats when I throw my best, I hardly have to grip the barrels and they fly.

I am just trying this Rosin (http://www.puredarts.co.uk/dart-stones-and-waxes/forrest-rosin-rosin-for-extra-grip.html) at the moment, I have to admit, it seems to work, it speeds up the time it takes for my fingers to feel grippy.

I have used the vice grips before (razor edge) and they are very grippy, definately worth a try if you are after more grip. I had these in 23g: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Is the Primal a knurled dart?

Sometimes I find with knurled darts if your fingers are a bit sweaty they seem to be more slippy. If your having that trouble all the time then I would say to try a razor/shark grip dart.

But try the Rosin powder first as its the cheaper option and may just be what you need.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Saber

Saber

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 am

A subject close to me heart. Razor grips have the most aggressive of all IMO Razors Edge sold by Red Dragon, McCoy Sabergrip sold by Pure darts and Rasta's sold by Red Dragon me choice. heres site for Razors and Rasta's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hope this has helped ya buddy.
Back to top Go down
andysong66

andysong66

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:06 am

Thanks for the tips Guys, thats a big help!
Think I'll try the roisin stuff but I'm gonna get some new darts anyway. I'll try the razor grips and let you know how it goes!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:09 am

Good Luck mate, hope it helps! Smile
Back to top Go down

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:26 am

I just ordered some darts that are completely smooth.

I wonder if I'll have issue's with grip?

Will be a 1st for me. I might have to use some of the above mentioned tips.

Going to be interesting for sure.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:04 am

Well Win I tell ya, different strokes for different folks. Smooth are not for me. I hope ya can get on with them , good luck.
Back to top Go down

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Well Win I tell ya, different strokes for different folks. Smooth are not for me. I hope ya can get on with them , good luck.

Not so sure man. My old doubles partner had a set of smooth darts. They were super heavy (for me) 26 grams, and I could never understand how he shoots with them. Hopefully the Hankey's will be a bit different.
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:04 am

Never thrown smooth darts but I'm told that they are surprisingly grippy, certainly no issue with them slipping from what I hear. Would love to try a set but I doubt I'd get on with them, the concept of it puts me off, grippy or not! Best of luck with them Win, let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:09 am

Ivefoundgod wrote:
Never thrown smooth darts but I'm told that they are surprisingly grippy, certainly no issue with them slipping from what I hear. Would love to try a set but I doubt I'd get on with them, the concept of it puts me off, grippy or not! Best of luck with them Win, let us know how you get on.

I'll do an in depth review with video sometime next week when they show up.

Also have to catch their 1st 180 on video. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:15 am

Great stuff Win. We love to see it.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:05 pm

had a few sets of smooth darts and had no issues with gripping them, I think they would only be a problem if you have very dry fingers. A certainly level of natural oils/moisture on the grip seems to help, too sweaty and you may find a problem too.
Back to top Go down
andysong66

andysong66

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 6:29 am

OK, so I listened to all the advice given and decided to buy some 23g Razor Edge darts from Red Dragon.
My usual darts are a whopping 30g, so this is a big change for me! I've been using some old darts that a mate gave me but I don't know exactly what weight they are...much lighter than 30g though!
Already thrown three 180s with the lighter darts and hope things will improve further with the better grip from the Razors.
If all goes well I'm going to try and find a team to play for as playing against N01 is good but not the real thing!
When I get the darts I'll post again with my opinions!
Thanks Guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:29 am

Quite a big drop indeed 7 grams!
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:32 am

Great to hear mate. Keep us informed of the progress
Back to top Go down

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:52 am

Keep going lighter!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slippy Barrels! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slippy Barrels!   Slippy Barrels! Empty

Back to top Go down

Slippy Barrels!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1