We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesImproving Vertical Arm Movement LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Improving Vertical Arm Movement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grey Owl

Grey Owl

Improving Vertical Arm Movement Empty
PostSubject: Improving Vertical Arm Movement   Improving Vertical Arm Movement EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:45 am

I am practicing again and noticing a problem that has followed me all along.

1) Vertical arm is not always vertical during release and I unable to target what is causing this. Poke HERE and it fixes for a bit ... goes away then I poke THAT and that fixes it for awhile. Confused and would appreciate some insight, wisdom or a magic pill.

2) Arm has strong tendency to follow a path that is left to my target.

3) Sometimes my throw feels JERKY and forced.

Any drills? Key shot rituals to help me fix my not so vertical arm approach?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Improving Vertical Arm Movement   Improving Vertical Arm Movement EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:20 am

I know what ya mean Owl. I have found that if I lift my elbow more and bend my wrist more it helps.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Improving Vertical Arm Movement   Improving Vertical Arm Movement EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:32 am

Hmm thats sounds very much like myself at present to be honest. I noticed in my match with Fox earlier I was hitting 12's and 5's alot, switched to the 19's and scored lots of T19's.

I was not sure what the problem was but when I was aiming higher I seemed to be dragging the dart to the left, but I think the position of my shoulder had something to do with it.

But I tried for a long time last year to develop a so called vertical arm, I noticed I was getting worse and worse. When at the start of this year I decided to stop trying to force myself into a technique and just let my natural motion take over I started improving. I am not where I was before I broke my shoulder in 2009 and I think as the shoulder has healed it has shortened a little and may have altered in shape too, but I have improved a lot just by trying to get my follow through to aim where my eyes are looking. I dont know if that will help you to be honest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Improving Vertical Arm Movement   Improving Vertical Arm Movement EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:50 am

i agree with larry ---get that arm up, and feel the wrist come over the top
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Improving Vertical Arm Movement   Improving Vertical Arm Movement EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:17 am

I think your first sentence is the most important piece of information. You're practicing again. That suggests you've taken some time off. Good mechanics have to be constantly practiced to maintain. Even playing all the time, I recognize periodically that my mechanics have picked up a flaw and I have to spend a practice session or two of focusing just on achieving good form again. You say that when you focus on it and correct your form, the problem goes away for a bit. It may just be a matter of some more focus and correction and your periods of good form will get longer and you'll spend less time fixing it. Typically when I'm hitting left of target, I notice my elbow is creeping out wide, which causes my forearm to tilt left. Spend some time focused on keeping your elbow in and finishing your release with your hand moving toward your target. Keep in mind, all this focus on your arm will take focus away from your target, so you're accuracy will suffer. That's okay because you're not working on that aspect here. After one or two sessions, go back to practicing focusing on hitting your targets, not focusing on your mechanics, and see if you're straighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Improving Vertical Arm Movement   Improving Vertical Arm Movement Empty

Back to top Go down

Improving Vertical Arm Movement

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1