We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDarts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow Empty
PostSubject: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:03 am

Like the look of these:

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:00 am

They`d be a good addition for the pub team too, keep the lads on their toes.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 am

I have ordered some!

£19.99 and £3.50 p+p I think.

There is a cheap alternative but I'm a sucker for new darts accessories Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:23 am

getagrip wrote:
I have ordered some!

£19.99 and £3.50 p+p I think.

There is a cheap alternative but I'm a sucker for new darts accessories Very Happy

Wow 20 quid is steep. Based on my form of late I would probably need those olympic rings in London.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:27 am

I thought £20 was a bit much, £9.99 would have been better or £14.99 at a push, but it comes with plenty of rings and paper segments for record keeping and instruction booklet and a dvd, so I would say thats about right really.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is what you get:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by getagrip on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:41 am

Looks interesting!! the one thing that stood out more than anything was how arkward Bristows throw looks. I know that this is as a result of his Dartitis, but it really looks like he still struggles to let go of his darts. Real shame really.

It's a shame that nobody has a wonder cure to help him get over it...............oh..............wait......................yes they do....................... congratulations!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:44 am

dannyd180 wrote:
Looks interesting!! the one thing that stood out more than anything was how arkward Bristows throw looks. I know that this is as a result of his Dartitis, but it really looks like he still struggles to let go of his darts. Real shame really.

It's a shame that nobody has a wonder cure to help him get over it...............oh..............wait......................yes they do....................... congratulations!!

Yeah I noticed that too, it looks a little awkward and stuttery, such a shame really Sad

Still hits the target though so can perform well enough!

There is also a comp on the site to win a set.

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:34 am

I think the fact that Bristow is endorsing them is good though, I dont think he would do that if he did not think they had some value to improving your game.

I think I remember Bristow saying that grouping was one of the things he worked on most as a youngster and the accuracy followed. I have noticed since doing Georges Flight School routine that my grouping is noticeably better, the accuracy is coming along slowly but it is coming!
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:06 am

hmmm very interesting Darren. I'm tempted or is this just a gimmick?
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:23 am

The one thing for sure it would combat the problem of boredom.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:48 am

And thinking about it, this will help with focus and concentration I believe.
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:49 pm

I don't believe it's a gimmick. It's a colorful, tangible aid for grouping practice. As Darren astutely mentions, it's the retail version of the early Flight School drills. Good grouping developes a consistant stroke and focus and those lead to better accuracy. George's grouping parameters are the big singles segment of the wedge and then the small singles segment of the wedge. When you want smaller targets the parameters are the sections of the triple and double rings. These cover the same parameters, but are colorful and easier for people to concentrate on. I can see it becoming a game within a game and less like practice. I'm always wary though to practice with something I won't have or see in a match. Will you get conditioned to try to throw the dart inside the bright orange ring instead of getting conditioned to throw the dart at a spot inside the dull wires? I think, ultimately, practicing to spot shoot on a normal board will yield better results, but this could be a help for people having trouble with focus and rich guys like Darren. If you wanted to save a few coins, you could get some colored craft paper and cut them into squares of 3",2",1", pin those to the board, and try to hit them.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Its along the same idea of using a square of paper then reducing the size of the paper as you improve. Its just that someone has decided to make it into a more usable aid for practice. I also think if you buy it then you are more likely to use it because you will want to get your moneys worth.

Consistent grouping is vital though, if you can group your darts well then your chance of a big score is greatly improved, its just accuracy that would need to develop also, and with the smaller rings I'm sure that these would help with that too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Not sure if I'm going to buy it but I've bookmarked the site - I also entered the comp, so hopefully I'll get a set free anyway lol
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 2:09 am

Just saw these, they ship to the states?
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:00 am

not for me. rather use that money toward a new board
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 am

Still can't buy them Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:20 am

Nice Rileys dartzone there in the background as well. ;)
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:14 am

17th September is the new ETA for these.

These don't appear to be a new idea at all - John Lowe endorsed a game called Ring Shot which is basically the same as the coloured practise rings but you only get two and they are made of metal:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There's two games in one with these:

1 - starting at double top use a pin to hold the ring in place and work you way down the board moving the ring down to the lowest dart inside the ring - get to the bottom in the fewest shots

and
2 - grouping practise

I actually saw two sets of these separately on ebay today and I just won them both lol. When they get here (the pic above is one of the ebay pics) I think I will use one set and keep the other in their packaging Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 8:29 am

Thanks Mike Very Happy , I was bidding on those too but I'm always suspicious of sellers that keep the bidding private so I thought I'm not bidding any more lol, thought it was a bit silly to pay too much for what is a metal ring.

But the idea itself is nothing new, they have just updated it with the new ones.

Yeah I was told they should be out 17 Sept, lets hope they are right this time. Already paid for me set.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:46 am

Have these rings started shipping yet?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:02 am

Well its past the 17th and still no sign of them! No
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:22 am

Forgot all about these - just went on their site and they now have a smaller version at £9.99 on there - both sets still showing as available soon though with no date mentioned
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:24 am

2016 ?
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:31 am

SilverSaber wrote:
2016 ?

Sounds about right lol - must admit though if I had already ordered and paid for these I'd be on the phone to them asking for a refund until such time as they do become available.
Back to top Go down
Vallyr

Vallyr

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:10 am

made my own out of a couple of coat hangers and masking tape. They area all about the size of the semi pro ring in bristows game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:18 am

Could prob go to the toy store or hardware store and buy something very similar for cheap.
Back to top Go down
Jimbo21

Jimbo21

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:32 pm

Go to a cheap jewellery shop and get some cheap hoop ear rings or go to the hardware store and buy some O rings.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:32 am

I can't see me buying them but I'm curious to see some pics of them in action, so I emailed them via the website. Don't hold your breath but you may be getting them soon - this is the response I got today:

Quote :
Hi Mike

We cannot apologise enough over the launch of the Darts Practise Rings but they will be arriving this week and we are looking at putting them on-line for sale from Friday.

Regards
Bobby Barton
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Probably because I asked about them a couple of weeks ago but I got another email from these people.

The smaller Pro Target pack with 2 sets of rings for £9.99 is available now, but the main Pro Games pack with the 4 sets of rings, dvd and instruction booklet for £19.99 won't be available for another 4 weeks yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow   Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow Empty

Back to top Go down

Darts Practice Rings Promo Video with Eric Bristow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next