We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesOriginal Tony Eccles Darts  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Original Tony Eccles Darts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stuart180

Stuart180

Original Tony Eccles Darts  Empty
PostSubject: Original Tony Eccles Darts    Original Tony Eccles Darts  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:49 pm

I don't really know a lot about these darts other than they are the original ones and pretty old.

Tony's wikki page states that he started playing in 2002 (but i think that means 'professionally started playing') as I would be surprised if these darts were under 10 years old.

They have that great aged feel to them (that I can't seem to get with new tungsten....).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Original Tony Eccles Darts    Original Tony Eccles Darts  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:08 pm

He comes from my area originally, but I dont know him personally, they look like the sort of dart made by B + W but cant say for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Original Tony Eccles Darts    Original Tony Eccles Darts  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Ah right, I wonder when B&W first made them ?, they've got to be over 10 years old
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Original Tony Eccles Darts    Original Tony Eccles Darts  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:04 am

Not sure, its hard to get any info on the B+W darts, but I was only guessing that they may be B+W. Might be worth asking Tony himself, I'm sure there must be a way of contacting him, I think he has a website.
Back to top Go down
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Original Tony Eccles Darts    Original Tony Eccles Darts  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:25 am

Good idea, I will have a look and see if i can contact him.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Original Tony Eccles Darts    Original Tony Eccles Darts  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:14 am

They look very nice, look quite grippy.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Stuart180

Stuart180

PostSubject: Re: Original Tony Eccles Darts    Original Tony Eccles Darts  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Thefox180 wrote:
They look very nice, look quite grippy.

Yeah they really are.

I have no doubt that old Tungsten darts were made of different materials which made them tarnish better.
(your get the 80 or 90% tungsten but they mix it with other materials)

I've been using a set of Tony O'shea Data darts for about 2 years now (Heavy usage) and they are still as sparkling as when I purchased them.

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Original Tony Eccles Darts    Original Tony Eccles Darts  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 pm

I often notice with old Unicorn sets they seem to be different somehow to modern ones but its hard to say exactly what. It could be just the natural aging process of the tungsten, I dont really know. I know copper tungsten darts do age differently because they oxidise more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original Tony Eccles Darts    Original Tony Eccles Darts  Empty

Back to top Go down

Original Tony Eccles Darts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1