We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesBulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g Empty
PostSubject: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 am

Well lads, I got these a couple of months ago and took pictures to do a review but I kept having problems uploading to Flickr, signed up for Photobucket so here goes;

Bulls 21g Phantom Grip

These darts come in a variety of weights and come in a fancy looking box, shown here;

Closed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Front

Open

As you can see you get a set of Barney flights and blue aluminium stems. I never use the stuff you get with a set of darts so these are sitting in the case still. The stems look nice, the flights are ok but like a lot of flights/stems you get with darts, it's unlikely anyone would use them. The stems are quite similar to the black aluminium ones you get with Unicorn darts except blue.

The box is quite small, as you can see it's not much bigger than the barrels and while its pretty cool to look at, I can't imagine anyone using it to carry their darts around, there's no room whatsoever for extras and the slots the darts slot into aren't tight. This means that when you move the case around and then open it, a barrel falls out. Nice to look at but impractical.

Grip

These darts have tiny micro grooves cut in the barrel, the "Phantom" or "Micro" grip (depending on manufacturer I think). It means these don't look that grippy to the naked eye but when you hold the dart they are exceptionally grippy, Level 4 1/2 or 5 I would say. There is a slight taper from the middle of the barrel down to where it meets the stem which suits me pretty good. I love the grip but it might not be to everyones taste, a friend of mine detested it as he felt the darts stuck to his fingers when he was releasing so its not for everyone.

Note The darts I received are not the same as the picture on the DC or A180 website. They have the Bulls logo at the rear of the barrel and the micro grip goes the entire length of the barrel, there is no smooth section in the middle with the Bulls logo, like is shown here: http://tinyurl.com/6pczfqo I'm not sure if this only applies to the 21g version as I've seen others with heavier weights which have the smooth part. Its something to bare in mind if your thinking about a set.

Balance Point

I forgot to take a picture of the balance point but as you can probably guess, its right in the centre of the dart, where there are no blue lines.

Overall

All in all, these are a very well made dart, I loved the micro grip and had great results with them. However, I've had them approximately 2 months and have used them pretty much every day. This has meant that the micro grip has worn down significantly which has a serious impact on grip, darts are slipping out of my hand quite often now where before they never did. I think this might just be something you have to accept with micro grip darts but worth telling you all anyway, the grip does not last.

They are pretty cheap darts all things considered and you can get them for less than £20 on A180 if you get the barrels only. 8/10

Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:48 am

nice looking darts. this have been on the old wishlist for quite some time now. nice review too! good job
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 am

Very nice Shane! have a + 1 mate!

The micro grip is so fine so I guess when it begins to get worn it will lose its impact, but I have some fairly well used Harrows Dudbridge 23g and the micro grip is still ok on those but not as sharp and grippy as when new. good job
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:10 am

Very nice review. As for the grip, have you thought of washing the dart? Given that they are micro grips they could be clogged with the inevitable crap that surrounds them and potentially micro pieces of dead skin from your fingers. I experienced a similar degradation in the grips of my darts and a quick wash resolved the issue. However, mine are not micro grips. So, it may or may not help.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:40 am

Ive owned them and are notch darts.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:31 pm

thanks for the review. lovely darts!

+1
Back to top Go down
MattWynwa

MattWynwa

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:11 am

Great review made me wanna try some now!
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:33 am

Cheers Matt, I'd definitely recommend them. Just don't expect the Micro Grip to last forever!
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 am

Great review, and reason I lost interest in my old Triple B's (same dart made by Grand Slam) once the micro grip is worn it is gone and they feel like different darts.
I washed a few times and eventually the grip just fades away, very, very nice darts though.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 am

Gives ya an excuse to buy more darts lol
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 am

SilverSaber wrote:
Gives ya an excuse to buy more darts lol

Hahhaha Very true Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stevec180

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Great review!! Totally agree about the grip fading away. I use the Datadart Champion grip version which is the same as Bull's Phantom grip or Grand Slam's Tripple B Ghost Grip.

I've been using my current set for about 3 months, I've removed the paint and washed them a couple of times which has helped but the last week or so I've had the odd stray dart that has slipped out of my fingers. The shape of the barrels is perfect for me so will be sticking with this style of dart and like Larry says it just gives me an excuse to buy some more darts!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g   Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g Empty

Back to top Go down

Bulls Barney Phantom Grip 21g

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1