We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesNew Member's Collection LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

New Member's Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

New Member's Collection Empty
PostSubject: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm a new member this week and I figure everyone likes pictures, so here is what I've got.

My preferred steel tip set for the last few years - 24g Unicorn Golden John Lowes
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

24g Harrows Aliens

23g Harrows Assassins

22g Red Dragons (I think these were in the Hellfire line when bought)

24g Red Dragon Golden Eyes - I can't hit with these to save my skin, but they do look cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedeyeSPR
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Dart Smart Gen 3 - I designed all the printed marketing material for this line for the company owner. In lieu of payment, I opted for equipment. I ended up with 5 sets of these in various stages of production. I gave 3 away and kept these 2 sets. I think one is 22g and the other 24g, but I can't recall which is which.

Stock setup:

Standard flights:
Back to top Go down
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 4:54 pm

I will forever remain a steel tip fanatic and follow the PDC closely, but unfortunately not many in NW Ohio (US) share my tastes. The only organized play in my area is soft tip. I think it's mostly to avoid revealing our appalling lack of subtraction skills. I admit practicing on a steel tip board makes the soft tip triples and bull look huge. We also play cricket at least half the time, with 501 (open in/open out) being second. As a result, I have ended up with several sets of barrels on my path to finding the perfect set.

These are my current favorites, 20g Puma Viscounts:

I initially tried the Unicorn John Lowes thinking they would feel the same as my beloved steel tip set. Apparently dropping to 20g from 24 requires removing about 1/3 of the mass. They are way smaller than the steel tip set.

Golden:

Machina:

I eventually decided I needed a more aggressive grip, and tried out the Winmau Diablos. They would have been perfect if the threaded grip went all the way to the back of the barrel. (20g):

Last edited by RedeyeSPR on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Some really nice looking arrows you have there - nice collection
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Very nice collection Red.

Now then you must tell us more about the Gen 3, I am intrigued, you designed the graphics for them, how cool is that!

I have a set myself:

270b. DartSmarts Gen 3 23g by dazdart, on Flickr

I have read some of the controversy surrounding them but found the story a bit complicated really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 pm

great collection! nice john lowe sets.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Nice pics, if your looking for more Lowes, got a nice set for ya if looking to swap any
Back to top Go down
Munchie

Munchie

PostSubject: Dart collection   New Member's Collection EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Do we have an award for best dart tart? If not we should have. Nice darts my man.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:10 am

Munchie wrote:
Do we have an award for best dart tart? If not we should have. Nice darts my man.

LOL maybe we should indeed!

Hows this:

Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:08 am

great collection red, thanks for sharing it with us. love the look of those gen-3s.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:52 am

very nice red. gen3 flights remind me of reeses cups----candy fix stat!
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:07 am

Awesome looking darts. Well described too.
Back to top Go down
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:23 am

USMC80 wrote:
Nice pics, if your looking for more Lowes, got a nice set for ya if looking to swap any

The only set I'd still like to get is the Heros with the Taylor grip. Maybe the regular grip latimums as well.

Thanks everyone! I never intended to end up with this many barrels, but I can't seem to settle on anything quickly.

Back to top Go down
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:41 am

getagrip wrote:

Now then you must tell us more about the Gen 3, I am intrigued, you designed the graphics for them, how cool is that!

I have read some of the controversy surrounding them but found the story a bit complicated really.

When I first started playing and realized I might end up spending hundreds of dollars on equipment, I found every online dart shop I could and sent them an email offering design services in exchange for equipment. I had done this successfully with bowling balls in the past. I got two hits, one from dartingaround.com (I did his logo) and the other from Joe at DartSmarts.

I ended up doing several pieces for his next marketing campain (Gen 3s). He sent a couple of sets of Gen 2s, which I photographed and made digital drawings of. I made a poster and flier with photos and all his selling points, a sheet sized out chart (http://www.dartsmarts.com/outchart_color.pdf),

this banner: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.],

this logo for the commercial website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.],

and an outcard/promo insert for the inside of the cases.

In total, I had a blast and ended up with about $600 in equipment. We were actually discussing a front weighted model for his next release, then I stopped hearing from him. I think there were some issues with his investors, but I never really got the actual story.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:06 am

Beautiful darts buddy, and if ya want to sell those gen3 24 gm am interested. I was gonna order but company disbanded for some reason. Nice pics btw
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:40 am

RedeyeSPR wrote:
I ended up doing several pieces for his next marketing campain (Gen 3s). He sent a couple of sets of Gen 2s, which I photographed and made digital drawings of. I made a poster and flier with photos and all his selling points, a sheet sized out chart (http://www.dartsmarts.com/outchart_color.pdf),

You designed that?! That's too funny. That's one of the out charts I had laminated and bring to our league night good job
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:44 am

Lefty544 wrote:
RedeyeSPR wrote:

You designed that?! That's too funny. That's one of the out charts I had laminated and bring to our league night good job

Crap your right!
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:13 am

Beautiful darts and welcome to the forum. Love the set up you have on the steel tip golden Lowes, they look awesome!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:18 am

RedeyeSPR wrote:
getagrip wrote:

When I first started playing and realized I might end up spending hundreds of dollars on equipment, I found every online dart shop I could and sent them an email offering design services in exchange for equipment. I had done this successfully with bowling balls in the past. I got two hits, one from dartingaround.com (I did his logo) and the other from Joe at DartSmarts.

this banner: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.],

this logo for the commercial website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.],

and an outcard/promo insert for the inside of the cases.

In total, I had a blast and ended up with about $600 in equipment. We were actually discussing a front weighted model for his next release, then I stopped hearing from him. I think there were some issues with his investors, but I never really got the actual story.

Thats great and a very good way to get some free darts! I think only so many were made and he was planning a new model but lots of people complaining they were robbed of their money and never got to see anything for their investments. Shame really as there were some good ideas.
Back to top Go down
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:36 am

Lefty544 wrote:
RedeyeSPR wrote:

I did. I remember he was stupidly picky about the colors. I thought it looked like a Christmas card and wanted to make it red and black instead of red and green, to no avail. We went back and forth over the font as well. I'm glad to hear it's been of use.

I'll try to find and post the Illustrator trace I did of a board and the actual Gen3 dart on my external hard drive.
Back to top Go down
vascorocks

vascorocks

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:51 am

nice work there mate!
I also like the Puma Viscount darts, if you ever wanna swap them for some steel tip set please let me know!
Also had a look at the outchart and I have to say I thinked of a random number to check (122) and I would never aim at T20 first dart, because if I hit 20 I can't finish 102 with two darts... so may be you should have some revision work if you make another edition of the outs charts!
Anyway still a great job, and I also loved your other logos!
Cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/vascorocks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member's Collection   New Member's Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member's Collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Show Us Your......... :: Show Us Your Darts-