We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSolar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review Empty
PostSubject: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:00 am

After checking out the new Solar Darts site the other day, I could not resist but make an order for the Solar Gold Limited Edition 24g darts.

I placed my order on Sunday about 17:00 and got the darts this morning. They were sent by first class post.

They retail on the site at a usual price of £38.99 but are on offer at £36.00 and £1 for delivery.

They arrived in a plastic mailing bag and come supplied in a hard plastic case with a set of gold 100 micron Amazon flights and fitted with Solar Star Aluminium shafts in gold colour.

This is the pic from the site:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like the way they have each segment of the dart measured in the above pic, I think thats a useful feature.

Here is how they arrive in the case:

Here is the darts set up:

As you can see from the pics they are of a bullet John Lowe kind of shape, with a hero style grip which I would say is easily a level 4 grip. They are a similar length to a 25g Lowe dart at 40.6mm and close to 8mm wide:

Its the sort of front weighted dart I like and I think I actually prefer the feel of these to my Lowe darts.

The barrels are very closely matched in weight, I weighed them at 24.3g, 24.4g and 24.4g:

Here is the balance point of the darts fitted with a medium, short and extra short stems:

I set them up with my medium Cosmo Fit Shaft Gear and Cosmo Standard Air for a trial run:

This is my usual grip:

This is my first 3 darts thrown with no warm up, I'm not the best player as we all know LOL! :

Actually they are my next 3 darts, my first 3 darts all fell out, the first was above the wire and fell out, the second was in the treble 20 and fell out and the third hit the small 1 and fell out!!!! This often happens to me with shiny silver points that are new, so I scuffed the points up a little and problem solved Very Happy

After playing with them for about 15 mins I really enjoyed the feel and balance of them and they seemed to land in the board just right for me, that is with the flight end slightly up. I hit a couple of 100+ scores but I would need to play with them longer to make my mind up if they are a keeper, but I think they could be!

They seem to be of a very nice quality and are quite distinctive with the Gold coloured banding. I think because of the fairly sharp edges to the rings they will inevitably take on nicks, but thats just the nature of such a grip.

All in all I am very pleased with them.

Its hard to recommend a set to anyone when they cost £36 though, so for that reason I would leave it up to the individual to decide on that matter. All I will say with regards that is that if they truly are a limited edition then they will be only so many sets made (I think it says 75 on the site), so the cost could be justified for that reason.

If you like a Lowe style dart or a slightly front weighted dart they are well worth a try.

I'm think Solar Darts have made a very nice dart with these and I am excited to see what future products they come out with.

I will update this after a have played more with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:03 am

Wow grip! Fantastic review. Good thing you are on our team.

Do you think me loving the whitlocks that I might like these?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:04 am

You should mac but they are 24g
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:06 am

Very nice review - and good to see you scored more than usual with them lol on floor I'll even give you a +1

As I said on twitter they are too short for me, but first class service from the new shop on the block. Bodes well for my order that's going in on Saturday Smile
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:48 am

Awesome review gripster!! and a very nice lookin dart also!!

Hat man do
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:52 am

purdy! they look like something i could get on well with.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 am

Im still tempted, and im a straight barrel 22g kinda guy...
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:24 am

Very nice review Darren, Thanks.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 am

Cheers Guys, yeah Mike I think you will get good service from them, it seems to me that they are very keen to make a name for themselves, also Mark Dudbridge keeps tweeting about new features coming soon, so I cant wait to see what it is!
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:18 pm

thanks for the review, grip!

that is one beautifully made dart! loved the way the rings were placed throughout the dart. anyone who loves john lowe-styled darts can use this, whatever grip placement one has.

silver-gold pattern is not too shabby, as it seems to be popular right now.

+1 for the gripster. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:06 pm

the_cutter wrote:
thanks for the review, grip!

that is one beautifully made dart! loved the way the rings were placed throughout the dart. anyone who loves john lowe-styled darts can use this, whatever grip placement one has.

silver-gold pattern is not too shabby, as it seems to be popular right now.

+1 for the gripster. Very Happy

Thats true, its similar to Chizzys colours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Nice review Grip! So much detail I think you haven't left anything un-answered it's that good Smile

+1 From me also man trohy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks Rage, much appreciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Mr Dudbridge liked the review as well - looking forward to some more of his designs as well
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Thats good!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:06 pm

mc1958 wrote:
Very nice review - and good to see you scored more than usual with them lol on floor I'll even give you a +1

As I said on twitter they are too short for me, but first class service from the new shop on the block. Bodes well for my order that's going in on Saturday Smile

Doesn't look like I'll be making that order today after all. Went shopping a short while ago and poxy RBS bank haven't put my salary in the account yet due to this glitch of theirs Sad
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Damn Mike thats not good! what an annoying thing to happen! Sad
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm just glad I had enough cash on me to get some food - would have starved otherwise lol
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Very nice looking darts and an awesome review Grip trohy +1 from me

Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:58 pm

I was wondering that myself, just as well you did then!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Rebel wrote:
Very nice looking darts and an awesome review Grip trohy +1 from me

Cheers Greg!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review   Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Solar Darts Gold Limited Edition 24g Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Reviews And Shops :: Darts Reviews-