We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSimon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
darrencrespin

Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  Empty
PostSubject: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 am

Simon Whitlock & Top Darts Compare Paul Booth Will Be Appearing At The Leigh Park Working Mens Club In Havant Hants On Friday 29th Of June. Doors Open At 6.00pm And The Darts Start At 7.45. Tickets Are £6 Each And Can Be Purchased Either Before The Event Or On The Door On The Night. There Will Be A Raffle On The Night With The Winners Having The Opportunity To Play Against Simon.

Come Along ,It's Gonna Be A Cracking Night Of Darts

http://www.workingmensclubleighpark.co.uk/

Click On The Above Link For More Information

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:10 am

You guys have it good. Would love to do something like that!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:16 am

He's a great player the Wizard! one of my favourites these days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:39 am

Would love to go - as said Whitlock is a great player, but Paul Booth on twitter is a scream.
Back to top Go down
RedeyeSPR

RedeyeSPR

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:53 am

Forgive my ignorance, but what kind of things go on at an exhibition like that? I hear announcers talk about "exhibition shots" during commentary, but we obviously don't have anything like this is the US.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedeyeSPR
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:52 am

That is a great question Shane. Maybe one of friends from across the pond can tell us a little about them
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 am

I haven't been to one for many years, but similar to what chris said here about Tony O'Shea's recent one in Plymouth

http://www.dartsnutz.com/t1416-tony-o-shea-exhibition-what-a-night
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:36 am

The one I went to with Bobby George, Eric Bristow and Keith Deller involved them playing a team of punters in a few legs of 1001 and then they had a Q and A session.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:45 am

Anything can happen at an exhibition. The professional is relaxed and generally plays some outstanding darts and will go for ridiculous outshots that they wouldn't go for on TV. A friend of mine went to a Bristow exhibition once and Brisow had left himself 36, didn't go for D18 though, instead he put three darts in D6.

I've seen pros play against women, give them a 200 dart advantage at 501 where the pro is only allowed to score on the Bull until they get to a finish. Also you will see a lot of finishing outshots on their knees.

This is just from the exhibitions that I have been to: Dennis Priestley, Tony O'Shea, Darryl Fitton, Phil Taylor and a pro called Steeve Coote (don't really see anything of him these days).
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am

i'd love to have the chance to go to an exhibition. unfortunately there aren't any over here.

the closest thing we've had to an exhibition was last august at the canadian open in london ontario. my brother and i went down to check it out as our grandparents only live a short drive away from london. quite a few of the big pdc names came over to play and we got to meet quite a few of them because it was an open floor tournament. whitlock, bates, hamilton, osborne, stompe, wright, beaton, etc... and of course john part who won the event. this was before i was big into darts like i am now, so i was really looking forward to them returning again this august. however the pdc has changed the rules and now only north americans can enter, as they are trying to promote darts in north america as many north americans weren't showing up due to the big boys being in town. so no big name european pros this year No

i was really hoping to meet hankey and talk to whitlock again this year too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night    Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night  Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon Whitlock Darts Exhibition Night

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1