We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesL.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System Empty
PostSubject: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Donkey sent me this link, its on a Swedish site.

It seems to be some kind of strip that fits round the board for lighting. I cant see any close-ups of it so its hard to see exactly what its like, but it reminds me of an idea I had my self of stringing some L.E.D.'s together for a light, don't think it would be that hard to make one just time consuming. Bit pricey though at 1,399 kr which is approx £125

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:45 pm

It looks like a good idea, although im sure you could knock up something similar with some xmas lights for a fraction of the cost
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Good idea - and cheaper than the circumluminator or whatever it's called
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:05 pm

It seems to be brighter around the edge of the board. Or maybe its just me. Either way i prefer twin spotlights on the ceiling pointing at the board. I`m old skool.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:24 pm

I think if there was some kind of magnyfier to throw the beam more then it would be better.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:23 pm

too pricey for me tbh
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:11 am

Just not necessary
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:38 am

I know there are L.E.D. strip lighting kits available, but no doubt I would hit them with the dart, so they would need some kind of cover.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:20 am

i personally dont like leds for anything except flashlights. wouldn't put that thing on my board if you gave it to me. neon reminds me of a bad trip. I could see that thing being used in a strip club tho.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:49 am

I have a light bulb made from L.E.D.'s which gives off a strong light and is nice for board lighting.

But I have some Cree flashlights that are super powerful and very bright, if it was made with them it would work perfectly but they are very expensive.
Back to top Go down
Ivefoundgod

Ivefoundgod

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:19 am

So grip, you volunteering to have a go at a DIY effort? You know you want to!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:24 am

Ivefoundgod wrote:
So grip, you volunteering to have a go at a DIY effort? You know you want to!

LOL I will look into it, but not sure i can be pestered to solder 80+ L.E.D.'s but there may be an alternative with the L.E.D. strips, I'm just not sure how strong the light is on them. But dont hold your breath waiting for it as I'm a lazy sod!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:44 am

There are things like this available, but not sure there is enough light off them, price is cheap enough though:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:24 am

Heehee.

Couldnt you cut out from the syrrorna and put the L.E.D stropp there and then have the surround slightly outside the board?

Just looked at the picture and it Looks like that what he has done. Lol. Well. It should be easy then. Hmm.

Last edited by Donkey on Tue May 29, 2012 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Looked at the picture)
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:33 am

Think it will take some planning, if I can be bothered might try it, I was thinking some kind of plastic tubing to protect the L.E.D.'s instead.
Back to top Go down
Donkey

Donkey

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:17 am

But then they might blind the thrower? Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Donkey wrote:
But then they might blind the thrower? Smile

No change there then for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Found this on ebay, Another nice lighting idea [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Yeah he has been selling them a while, I think the guy is Shaun Grifiths the young pro.
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:35 pm

Oh right. Might pick up at some point
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:00 am

interesting concept but I wouldn't buy one even if it was $20. Also, what happens when a stray shot at the double its it and kills the lights?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyWed May 30, 2012 3:25 am

Lefty544 wrote:
interesting concept but I wouldn't buy one even if it was $20. Also, what happens when a stray shot at the double its it and kills the lights?

Possibly, thats why I think it needs some protective covering, I have plenty of stray darts Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lefty544

Lefty544

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:37 am

getagrip wrote:
Lefty544 wrote:

Possibly, thats why I think it needs some protective covering, I have plenty of stray darts Laughing

As do I lol hence why my immediate concern goes there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System   L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System Empty

Back to top Go down

L.E.D. Dartboard Lighting System

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat :: Equipment Chat-