We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesRed Dragon Darts Xtensor LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Red Dragon Darts Xtensor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Red Dragon Darts Xtensor Empty
PostSubject: Red Dragon Darts Xtensor   Red Dragon Darts Xtensor EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:35 pm

I mentioned this in another thread, has any one tried one?

What do you guys think, is it just a gimmick?

If it was a bit cheaper I would be tempted to try one for the sake of helping my iffy wrist, but at £40 I think its too much of a risk.

Darts Xtensor - The Worlds No.1 Darts Hand Exerciser and Development Device
What is the Xtensor and why does it work so well?
The Xtensor works from the widely accepted principle from sports science and rehabilitation professionals that there is a delicate balance of strength ratios that is necessary between opposing muscle groups. In order to maintain optimally functioning muscles for the purposes of maximizing throw dynamic performance painlessly the hands need to work in both directions.
Strengthening device fits both hands
Corrects Elbow Pain by strengthening the muscles and tendons that cause the pain and stiffness
Increases blood flow which provides the nutrients and rebuilding of muscle tissue
Consistently improves the use of our hands to grip and release the darts at a consistent force
Balances our natural one directional hand strength that we develop by repetitively using our hands in one direction
Works the counterpart muscles on the back of the hand which rarely get any exercise at all and are used exclusively in darts
Darts yoga and pilates for your hands by maintaining the correct balance of the muscles of the hands
Gentle resistance training exercises designed to specifically strengthen the finger extensor muscles that open the hands
Handle greater amounts of stress, reduce reoccurrence rates and improve finger joint range of motion
The Xtensor will do for your hands what yoga does for your body and what a gym does for a professional athlete
The exercises provided for the muscles of the hands and a forearm is a massive breakthrough for serious darts players
Performance therapy for skilled hands, feel better – play better guarantee

** WARNING**
Pre-stretch each finger band before use
Stretch to at least double the length a few times

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Darts Xtensor   Red Dragon Darts Xtensor EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:04 pm

dont have one-looks like rubbish to me.
Back to top Go down
the_cutter

the_cutter

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Darts Xtensor   Red Dragon Darts Xtensor EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:12 pm

I always try to keep an open mind on ideas, but analyzing the device, I don't see why it can improve my throw. One, I would like to keep my grip on the dart as light as possible. Two, I don't see any part of the device that can benefit the wrist and elbows, as it is solely placed on the hand. Third, if the wrong resistance for the bands is used, it could lead to injury.

I'd rather use a stress ball and some basic hand/fingers stretching exercises.

Just my two cents.

Interesting device, thanks for sharing, Grip!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Darts Xtensor   Red Dragon Darts Xtensor EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Not too sure I'd use it either really - I'd more likely use one of these I reckon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Darts Xtensor   Red Dragon Darts Xtensor EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:21 pm

I think there is some rubber band type exercisers that are probably cheaper anyway, they look like a thick rubber band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Darts Xtensor   Red Dragon Darts Xtensor Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Dragon Darts Xtensor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: General Darts Chat :: Equipment Chat-