We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesCondor darts flights from Japan LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Condor darts flights from Japan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Condor darts flights from Japan Empty
PostSubject: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:04 pm

This is another innovation from Japan, they are an all in one flight and stem, check the site here and see what you think: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure if they are designed soley for soft tip, guess it makes no difference really.

Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:38 pm

They look pretty cool but are limited to standard, pear, small and slim at the moment. By the looks of things they are about $10.

There is a website that I found that sells them along with some other pretty cool stuff (including the generic Cosmo super kites i.e without roydenlam). The site is Japanese so I can't understand much on it!

Wonder if uk stockists will get any of this condor stuff?
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:44 pm

I ordered some from the Japanese site in the Condor sites link. Rakuten market or something, it came out at about £6.82, but it says the shop may add a postal charge on top. Will see what the postal charge is, if its more than the price of the flights I will cancel it.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Darren - what shop in the Rakuten market place was it and are they sending to you direct in the UK?

The only two I tried in there wouldn't send direct so refunded me the money - they wanted me to buy a postbox type thing over there, and then the postbox people would send the goods on to me.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:36 pm

mc1958 wrote:
Darren - what shop in the Rakuten market place was it and are they sending to you direct in the UK?

The only two I tried in there wouldn't send direct so refunded me the money - they wanted me to buy a postbox type thing over there, and then the postbox people would send the goods on to me.

hmm sounds a bit iffy, not sure if this is it Rakuten Ichiba

most of the email is in japanese
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:38 pm

No this is it I believe: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:47 pm

The postbox thing isn't iffy - one of the guys in my league has done it.

Most of the Japanese sites don't seem to send outside the country as I don't think they like all the customs forms and stuff they have to complete - much easier to get a central postbox/mail forwarding service to do it all for them. The thing I didn't like about it was the additional costs involved.

Let me know how you get on with this company - if they do send direct you should get the goods in about a week's time - they are very fast.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Ok Mike, will see what transpires, but not sure I will mess about with a mailbox if its an extra cost.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Well got an email this morning to say that 1500 Yen will be debited from my card for shipping, no option to say if I agree and want to continue with the order or not.

1500 Yen is nearly £12 which is almost twice the cost of the flights themselves!!!!!

Ridiculous why the postage should be that expensive for an item which is so light! especially when Dartswarehouse can send a set of darts with free delivery all the way from New Zealand.

No wonder Japanese products cost so much if their postal charges are so high.

The emails I got are a mixture of English and what looks like Japanese text that has been turned into lots of little squares, so its not easy to work them out.

I sent 3 emails in different ways to ask them to cancel the order, I doubt any of them will get through, so I will phone my card company and ask them to cancel the transaction if possible, if none of that works then it looks like I will be getting them for £18+ Sad

Lesson learned I think, dont order from Japan again! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Thanks for the update and hope you can get to cancel the order - £18 for a set of flights is a tad excessive.

The postage is probably fixed similar to the £1 charged by DC whatever the cost or order is for, but the more you order then the more likely you are to incur the old import charges!!!

Unless they have something I desperately want I can't see me ordering from these guys somehow.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:16 pm

I phoned my credit card supplier and they said the transaction has already been approved so they cannot cancel it, so unless they get and understand my emails it looks like I am going to have a very expensive set of flights! No
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Sorry to hear that Grip, if they do arrive to you and you cant cancel the order I hope that the flights are very very good Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Venigoor wrote:
Sorry to hear that Grip, if they do arrive to you and you cant cancel the order I hope that the flights are very very good Smile

I hope so too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:17 am

give them to me for testing mate
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Thankfully someone must speak english at that company, they must have got my email and replied:

Thank you for your email.

We have cancelled the following order:-

CONDOR - 1 Set

Although with regret, we were not able to carry out your order, we look forward to your next order and hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

TiTO Online Darts Shop

So that was lucky, pity the postage is so expensive I would have liked to give them a try, nevermind.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I sent a message to Condor earlier asking if there was any way they could do the flights with cheaper postage and also asked if the flights were coming to the U.K., just go this response:

Thank you for kind words about our CONDOR integrated flights. I'm sorry to
hear that your order was cancelled due to the high postage.

I'm actually just off to fly to the UK right now to talk about distribution.
I will be back in a week's time. I will inform of you of our progress then.

Email you again next week.

Kind Regards,

Tim

CONDOR
URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (English)

Felix Corporation, Japan.
International Division
Granpark Tenjin 1F, 1-8-26, Maizuru, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka- Shi, Fukuoka JAPAN
810-0073
Tel: +81 92-771-7703
Fax: +81 92-791-9903
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Thats great Grip! Lucky for you that they did know english Smile

And the second mail was nice also. Great to hear that they are trying to fix things Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Venigoor wrote:
Thats great Grip! Lucky for you that they did know english Smile

And the second mail was nice also. Great to hear that they are trying to fix things Smile

Yep sure is, I should have asked him to send me a free sample when he got to the U.K., damn missed a chance there Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Sounds good - wonder who they will be speaking to over here???

Also good to know of another Japanese shop that is willing to send direct to the UK - albeit with large postal charges.
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:30 pm

how cool would it be if Tim put a set in the post while in UK on his own accord.

hell, he'll probably have plenty of samples and i bet if you asked he would post you some.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:36 pm

mc1958 wrote:
Sounds good - wonder who they will be speaking to over here???

Also good to know of another Japanese shop that is willing to send direct to the UK - albeit with large postal charges.

He never said who he will be seeing, I just hope they can sell them at a reasonable price.

rumandcork wrote:
how cool would it be if Tim put a set in the post while in UK on his own accord.

hell, he'll probably have plenty of samples and i bet if you asked he would post you some.

That would be nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm guessing it will be someone like DC getting an exclusive for a short while to guage the interest over here, then after about 6 months they'll be all over the place if they end up popular.

I'd like to try a set out of curiosity, but I can't see me switching from Cosmo's any time soon given how much I've spent on them in the past year lol.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Just got this email from Tim at Condor flights:

Dear Darren,

Just to follow up on our email about a week ago.

I have just got back today from the UK. It was a very pleasant trip, thank
you.

Regarding the new CONDOR integrated flights, they will soon be distributed
through A180. Great people!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for waiting.

Kind Regards,

Tim

so we should be able to try them soon which is good! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Interesting stuff!

Let's see what they stock and what the prices are. Im using sigma shape flights at the moment with slick sticks but would like to try something along these lines or cosmos, but the closest I can see in cosmos is the super-kites and nobody in the UK stocks them yet, and I'm too tight to pay import charges.

Hopefully they release more flight shapes and A180 stock them!
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Still curious about these Condor flights so hopefully A180 get them in soon - but I've just been on the dartshoptito site again and these flights look interesting

Wonder whether you can use normal nylon stems with them or not - ie would the little spike bit just open up the prongs on the stem. Most likely you would need to use special stems, but I'm curious about these as well lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:18 pm

They look interesting, seems like you would need a special stem but I could be wrong. Lots of new ideas coming out of Japan now!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Got this rough translation off there:

EVA flight is considered as a structure with a solid hard to break even if the grouping is the central part, and then slightly thinner to fly to sharp so that it does not receive the direct impact of the grouping have been thin, and gradually to the outside there. The tip of the EVA flight is equipped with a distinctive pin, in order to lock-hold on the flight and shaft, including a dedicated pin enters the hole in the shaft of the EVA, has been difficult to pull it out.
Moreover, it also eliminates worries of stress can be said to only insert the shaft when you plug in flight. ※ This item is required to [EVA shaft. ★ 1 set to enter (3 flights) Slim ★ ★ non-flight e-mail

Looks like you need eva shafts. Also seen this, stems with metal balls in?

Back to top Go down
dvsdog

dvsdog

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:46 pm

You sure find the obscure, and expensive Grip. Only one shape but has ya tried this lol

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm curious now what the metal balls do - it can't be to add weight as they are only 0.145g - strange!!

It looks like what I really need is to win the lottery and then get myself over to Jaoan for a week or so just to visit all of these dart shops hahaha
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 pm

dvsdog wrote:
You sure find the obscure, and expensive Grip. Only one shape but has ya tried this lol

I was going to buy some of those actually but seen the Condor flights so thought I will wait for those. Smile

mc1958 wrote:
I'm curious now what the metal balls do - it can't be to add weight as they are only 0.145g - strange!!

It looks like what I really need is to win the lottery and then get myself over to Jaoan for a week or so just to visit all of these dart shops hahaha

I think thats what the ball is for to alter the balance of the dart, cant see it making much difference myself to be honest, maybe just a little too gimmicky! I would love to go to Japan too, would need to hire a guide though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Condor darts flights from Japan   Condor darts flights from Japan Empty

Back to top Go down

Condor darts flights from Japan

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next