We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesSo it never stops right ! LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

So it never stops right !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saber

Saber

So it never stops right ! Empty
PostSubject: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:04 am

What I'm talking about is Phil Taylor's darts! Phase 1,2,3,4,5, and now 6 hmmm I guess its all about the money . Because Phil was smoking with those Phase 2's and I guess the lure of the $$$ makes changes lucrative for Unicorn and Phil. I wonder if he would have done just as well by not changing and are they better ? Hes a master of the 180's and Many times I see that if he had been throwing lesser diameter darts he would have scored more. However I must say that really what separates Phil from the field is his cover shots which when on is just awesome to behold. Of course all the top players do this and Barney for one IMO hurt him.
What say you Dartsnutz members.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:37 am

I have yet to see him use the Phase 6 he is still using the Rosso phase 5's
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:40 am

Didnt he try the Phase 6 last years premier league one of the weeks, then discarded them and went back to the Rossos? Smile Or am I totally wrong? Smile
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:43 am

Venigoor wrote:
Didnt he try the Phase 6 last years premier league one of the weeks, then discarded them and went back to the Rossos? Smile Or am I totally wrong? Smile

Not sure, never saw much darts last year???
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:46 am

I'm not completely sure either, but I think I remember some talk on the other forum about those darts last year, and that he tried them once, but then discarded them. But I could be wrong Smile

EDIT:

Found a thread on D16 that talks about that he used them in Halle last January, but then after that dropped them.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:03 am

Venigoor wrote:
I'm not completely sure either, but I think I remember some talk on the other forum about those darts last year, and that he tried them once, but then discarded them. But I could be wrong Smile

EDIT:

Found a thread on D16 that talks about that he used them in Halle last January, but then after that dropped them.

I find that verry interesting for sure. It seems if ya tout the dart then u use them hmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:24 am

I brought this up on another forum and was shot to bits for having an opinion, hence why I don't go on said other forum and arrived here.

Let's just say for arguments sake, I bought a set of P6's for my lad for a round £40, he wants Taylors new darts.
Then a week later he is back asking for P5's as Taylor don't use the P6's........

You get my drift, they should be packaged as Unicorn 'whatever', not Unicorn Phil Taylor P6's, he should no way be involved in the branding if he doesn't use them, its a gimmick and a farce as Unicorn can add 30-50% on the price due to it being wazzed by Taylor once and having his ugly mug all over the packaging.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:40 am

Rebel wrote:
I brought this up on another forum and was shot to bits for having an opinion, hence why I don't go on said other forum and arrived here.

Let's just say for arguments sake, I bought a set of P6's for my lad for a round £40, he wants Taylors new darts.
Then a week later he is back asking for P5's as Taylor don't use the P6's........

You get my drift, they should be packaged as Unicorn 'whatever', not Unicorn Phil Taylor P6's, he should no way be involved in the branding if he doesn't use them, its a gimmick and a farce as Unicorn can add 30-50% on the price due to it being wazzed by Taylor once and having his ugly mug all over the packaging.

Here ya go Rebel trohy not here, not here. ya opinion is yours my friend and in this case I agree.
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:33 am

When I was looking into getting either the Phase 5's or 6's I went to the Unicorn site. There's a section there dedicated to Taylor's Phase series. It describes the 5's as the darts Taylor currently uses on tour and the 6's as darts Taylor is testing while on tour. Unicorn has gone to great lengths marketing the 6's as the newest/next Taylor darts, so I suspect before long, maybe next Premiere season, he'll make the switch. He may even be contractually obligated to. Unicorn wouldn't risk the embarrassment. Despite his greatness, I'm sure he's like us and needs a certain amount of time working with a new dart before he can perform at the level he's accustomed to. If you don't yet have complete confidence in your equipment, you may not want to compete with them yet, especially at his level. On a microscopic scale compared to him, I still played two league matches with my Phase 2's and practiced a couple weeks with both sets while I got use to them and eventually felt confident enough to switch full-time. I say confident enough, but don't think there haven't been some poor periods of practice where I have second-guessed myself and wondered if I should go back to my first love.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:46 am

ochejockey wrote:
When I was looking into getting either the Phase 5's or 6's I went to the Unicorn site. There's a section there dedicated to Taylor's Phase series. It describes the 5's as the darts Taylor currently uses on tour and the 6's as darts Taylor is testing while on tour. Unicorn has gone to great lengths marketing the 6's as the newest/next Taylor darts, so I suspect before long, maybe next Premiere season, he'll make the switch. He may even be contractually obligated to. Unicorn wouldn't risk the embarrassment. Despite his greatness, I'm sure he's like us and needs a certain amount of time working with a new dart before he can perform at the level he's accustomed to. If you don't yet have complete confidence in your equipment, you may not want to compete with them yet, especially at his level. On a microscopic scale compared to him, I still played two league matches with my Phase 2's and practiced a couple weeks with both sets while I got use to them and eventually felt confident enough to switch full-time. I say confident enough, but don't think there haven't been some poor periods of practice where I have second-guessed myself and wondered if I should go back to my first love.

How did you do with them in your match Steve ? I'm in the same boat and am very anxious about the move to 6's.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:58 am

From memory fellas I remember him using them throught the first Players Championship Finals at the Donny Dome during January 2011 and then for a few weeks during the 2011 Premier League (opening night he loses to Adie Lewis with them). I watched one of his interviews during that Players Championship and he was saying something along the lines of he's trying them out, doing well and getting a patent on the design (grip wise i think). Then during the course of the 2011 Premier League back he went to the Phase 5 Rosso's, finished top of the shop and again bows out to Lewis in the semis. Then he had to play Barney for 3rd place and they both walked on together with the jobber music! that was interesting lol Smile
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:18 am

SilverSaber wrote:
ochejockey wrote:

How did you do with them in your match Steve ? I'm in the same boat and am very anxious about the move to 6's.

In my match last week, I had my best night in a couple seasons. I had 11 all-stars, two 7M's in my singles cricket: T20,T19,S18 & T16,T15,SBull (13 darter total), five 75+ throws in the 01's including three in a row in the 501: 85,83,98. Just missed a 118 out. This week was pedestrian: two 5M's and a 83. I think location and opponent had something to do with the different performances.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 2:34 am

He did use the Phase 6s, if only for a short time. I remember when he started using them, and there was quite a buzz on the forums at the time - people posting close up stills from TV recordings etc, and I think somebody even had a set of custom darts made based upon the images.

From what I saw with him playing with them, and the interviews, they were based upon discussions with the uniboffin, and were designed to be an improvement of the phase 5s, but they just didn't suit Phil and he returned to the Phase 5s.

He did use them, and they were designed for him, so technically there is no reason why Unicorn shouldn't sell them as his darts, after all he uses phase 5 and they still sell 1-4. People buy them, and probably pay more because of the association with Mr Taylor, but hey, that's business!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:23 am

Taylor has been a big cash cow for Unicorn so they are bound to milk it as much as possible really, as you say Danny its business, thats just the material world we live in, but I can understand if someone buys a set thinking this must be his current darts as it says Phase 6, then being a little disappointed that he uses Phase 5's.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:48 am

I get what you mean Darren, the fact that is is 6 would imply that he uses them and not 5, so I see why people may take issue.

It won't happen because of the whole 'evolution of the power' marketing thing, but it would be better if they kept the endorsement but dropped the numbering system!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 4:09 am

dannyd180 wrote:
I get what you mean Darren, the fact that is is 6 would imply that he uses them and not 5, so I see why people may take issue.

It won't happen because of the whole 'evolution of the power' marketing thing, but it would be better if they kept the endorsement but dropped the numbering system!

Yeah that would be better because they have made it be known that he's evolved along with the darts too, but I cant see Unicorn dropping that now, it will mean having to re-think a name for each model again and Phase (insert number to infinity) is an easy marketing option.

I dont have issues with it myself, but I did wonder until reading above whether he had actually used the Phase 6, but even though he used them for a short time it may have been at the request of Taylor, he may have been looking to improve a little bit more but then decided they never worked as well as the Phase 5 for him???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So it never stops right !   So it never stops right ! Empty

Back to top Go down

So it never stops right !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1