We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagestraining board??? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

training board???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hamo

hamo

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: training board???   training board??? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:13 pm

I have been in the process of looking for a new board. I was trying to choose between the blade 4 and eclipse pro...I have decided just to go for whichever one I can get a better deal on.

While looking around I seen a few different training boards with the smaller trebles etc. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these, do they help much??would it be worth investing in one??
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 pm

My nephew has a trainer board, but to be hones I dont see the point really, if its not going to be used in a match then why practice on it?

I know the idea is that the smaller target will supposedly help develop better accuracy, but I struggle to hit the normal size targets anyway, Very Happy so I see it been helpful only to players who already have a high skill level.

But thats just my thoughts, others may think different. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
hamo

hamo

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks for the input, I was thinking the same thing and thought it could have detremental effects on your confidence if you start missing 10 darts at a double. Although i did hear of some people using it for half an hour/hour before a match and they said it made the targets look huge when they went onto a normal board.

I'm thinking that if used in short periods it might be good but i then again I don't really have a clue

Be good to hear any other views
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:41 pm

I'm going to get one at some point, but I agree, if you use this and you keep missing the trebles or doubles it will shoot any confidence you have. Short half hour bursts every now and again are the way to go with these boards
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:51 pm

It could be of some benefit if used right I guess, I have to say that the very first throw I had on my nephews board was nearly a 180, lol may have just been a fluke though Laughing With my poor eyesight I would like the targets to be bigger lol!
Back to top Go down
George Silberzahn

George Silberzahn

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:18 am

getagrip wrote:
It could be of some benefit if used right I guess, I have to say that the very first throw I had on my nephews board was nearly a 180, lol may have just been a fluke though Laughing With my poor eyesight I would like the targets to be bigger lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] If you're a spot shooter smaller beds have no use at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.howtodarts.com
Saber

Saber

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:25 am

George Silberzahn wrote:
getagrip wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] If you're a spot shooter smaller beds have no use at all.

I agree with George whole heartily why practice on something that your not gonna shoot at in competition. Time better spent working on spot shooting IMO
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:41 am

i dont understand them either-why just make the treb and dubs smaller and not the beds also. If it was a real training board wouldn't you shrink the whole board?
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:49 am

Dont waste your money hamo!! I've had one for about 3 years now I used it the first couple of weeks and haven't touched it since it really doesn't do anything for your game. A big waste of money IMO..

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:54 am

Thanks for all the reply's lads. I think i'll just keep the beer token's after hearing all the opinions. I had just thought that used correctly before a match it might make the targets seem bigger as I had heard people say that before. Leaves me more money for drink..GOOD TIMES

Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:54 am

heres a hint take your chalk stick and make dots on the beds then spot shoot! forget training board IMO.
Back to top Go down
hamo

hamo

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:57 am

Sounds interesting Saber. Might give this a go
Back to top Go down

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:57 am

I echo the above sentiments, I use one as my main practice board and honestly don't see any improvement in my game. If anything, my confidence has dropped since I hung it up. I'm a dog for punishment though, I won't take it down Smile The only thing I can say is that maybe my doubling has improved but when your game is as bad as mine, that's a small consolation.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:07 am

canuckdartnut wrote:
I echo the above sentiments, I use one as my main practice board and honestly don't see any improvement in my game. If anything, my confidence has dropped since I hung it up. I'm a dog for punishment though, I won't take it down Smile The only thing I can say is that maybe my doubling has improved but when your game is as bad as mine, that's a small consolation.

Give it to ya enemy lol! chicken
Back to top Go down

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:59 am

lol on floor
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:13 am

SilverSaber wrote:
George Silberzahn wrote:
getagrip wrote:

I agree with George whole heartily why practice on something that your not gonna shoot at in competition. Time better spent working on spot shooting IMO

Hmmm, I think I did say in my first post that I saw no point in practising on a trainer if your not using it in a match????
Back to top Go down
chrisbamb

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 6:12 am

We have one down the club that we use when we've had a few drinks for a bit of a laugh. To be honest, as others have said I don't really see the point in using it as practice as you don't play on these in League or comps. For a laugh or knock about after a few it's a good bit of fun though and I've also hit a 180 on it as well, which I was well chuffed with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:14 am

Just my opinion now, worthless.
Back to top Go down

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:16 am

I took mine down the other day and put up a standard board. The only thing I can say is that I couldn't believe how big the target areas were!! I have to say that if you only used the pro trainer and then went to a match, your confidence would have to increase because all areas look massive. That's my two cents on the topic as an owner of one!! Thinking about putting the trainer board back up and leaving it there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

training board??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: training board???   training board??? Empty

Back to top Go down

training board???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1