We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imageshow were you introduced to the game. LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

how were you introduced to the game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumandcork

rumandcork

how were you introduced to the game. Empty
PostSubject: how were you introduced to the game.   how were you introduced to the game. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:32 am

I was 5 or 6 the first time i ever threw a dart. I was at my auntie's house in Fuquay and they had a dartboard set up in their game room. But i was in college at Appalachian State in the NC mountains when i began to play on a daily basis,this was back in the late 90's. I used to frequent a restaurant in Boone NC called "the carribean cafe" where they had the best wings i have ever eaten to this date. Everytime i went in there were folks playing. Just kinda got curious about it and bought a board and me first set of darts(still have them).
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: how were you introduced to the game.   how were you introduced to the game. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 am

I think I was about 5 or 6 too when I first threw a dart, was playing with it after finding it on a field, and me and a friend threw it to each other, I ended up with it stuck in my forehead Very Happy

Other than that it may have been a paper coiled toy version that I got once, which is my first memory of throwing at a board proper with 3 darts, and actually playing a game. Think I must have been about 8 or 9 then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Rebel

Rebel

PostSubject: Re: how were you introduced to the game.   how were you introduced to the game. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:40 am

Was bought the boardgame 'Bullseye' as a nipper, came with 2 sets of brass arrows with plastic all in one stems and flights, 1 set red and one blue.

After pounding the snot out of the substandard board that came with it me dad finally bought me and me brother a decent board to hang on the back of the bathroom door.

And with me first wage at the tender age of 16 went and bought me first proper set of darts, Red Ringed Bristow's, that I still have - although nearly got rid No
Actually still have one set of the brass that came with the board game, me brother took the other set and used them for years, although he put decent stems and flights in them.

At the age of 17 joined the local pub team The Tardy Gate and after acting as some kind of mascot for the first couple of months finally got my chance and won on my debut at a pub called the Crofters - in 30 arrows happy dude

Its reminiscing like this that makes me love the game of darts even more!

Cheers,
Greg

Back to top Go down
ShadowNotes

ShadowNotes

PostSubject: Re: how were you introduced to the game.   how were you introduced to the game. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:01 am

I guess I was about 15 when my Dad and I started throwing in the basement in Ohio. Yes they did have darts way back then. When I turned 16 I discovered something better to do and started chasing girls. It was about twenty years later that I somehow switched hobbies and went back to darts. Life was good, always lived in great dart playing areas, Cleveland, Washington DC, Bangkok, Southeast Asia locations, and Las Vegas but somehow stashed the board until about 1980 when I moved to Southern California. It was on and off again until about less than a year ago I broke out the board and got serious about it. A fun kind of serious though. Somewhere along the line, I bought some 20g Black Eagle MPs then within the past year discovered Winmau, and Harrows with my present favs being 22g White Ice. But alas now that I am hooked I live in a non dart area. Closest pub is about 20 miles away. I'm about to come out of private training though and the hunt for a dart pub is underway. Only qualification is that they serve Guinness on tap...nectar of the gods.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: how were you introduced to the game.   how were you introduced to the game. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 am

Been playing steel now for about 2 years only. Before that soft tip player for about 15 yrs. Threw me first dart at a bar(actually the board lol) in Daytona Beach, Florida . Steel is much more challenging IMO.
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: how were you introduced to the game.   how were you introduced to the game. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:52 am

My ma and da both played for the national team so i was playing since i was knee high to a grasshopper.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: how were you introduced to the game.   how were you introduced to the game. EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:54 am

ShadowNotes wrote:
I guess I was about 15 when my Dad and I started throwing in the basement in Ohio. Yes they did have darts way back then. When I turned 16 I discovered something better to do and started chasing girls. It was about twenty years later that I somehow switched hobbies and went back to darts. Life was good, always lived in great dart playing areas, Cleveland, Washington DC, Bangkok, Southeast Asia locations, and Las Vegas but somehow stashed the board until about 1980 when I moved to Southern California. It was on and off again until about less than a year ago I broke out the board and got serious about it. A fun kind of serious though. Somewhere along the line, I bought some 20g Black Eagle MPs then within the past year discovered Winmau, and Harrows with my present favs being 22g White Ice. But alas now that I am hooked I live in a non dart area. Closest pub is about 20 miles away. I'm about to come out of private training though and the hunt for a dart pub is underway. Only qualification is that they serve Guinness on tap...nectar of the gods.

I concur.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how were you introduced to the game.   how were you introduced to the game. Empty

Back to top Go down

how were you introduced to the game.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: New Members Section: Welcome to Darts Nutz Darts Forum , Please Introduce Yourself Here and read the forum guides-