We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesFinding the right stance for you? LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Finding the right stance for you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Finding the right stance for you? Empty
PostSubject: Finding the right stance for you?   Finding the right stance for you? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:46 am

I have often heard that it is best to have the shoulder lined up with the 20(or middle of the board if you like).

Today I thought I would do a little experiment. I got a full length mirror and found the centre of it and stuck a bit of tape at the top centre. I then looked at the tape as if it was the 20 bed and took up my usual stance.

My stance is a bit like Whitlocks with my right foot pointing straight forward. I have a dodgy knee so I kind of adopted that stance for comfort more than anything.

I then lined up my arm like normal and checked in the mirror how central I was.

I was off just a bit, maybe about 3 inches or so.

So I then altered my front and back foot placement until my shoulder was lined up, my front foot was now more at a 45 degree angle and my back foot had moved towards my right about 5 or 6 inches.

So I took note of my position and went and threw some darts. My first 3 darts all hit the big one lol! I thought that makes a change its usually the 5.

I carried on throwing and after that first hiccup, most of my darts were in or very near the wire of the 20 bed.

The only problem I had was that my knee felt uncomfortable, so I doubt I can stay in that stance too long, but thought it may be of help for some to have a try in front of the mirror and observe how your stance and throw looks. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Finding the right stance for you?   Finding the right stance for you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:37 am

getagrip wrote:
I have often heard that it is best to have the shoulder lined up with the 20(or middle of the board if you like).

Today I thought I would do a little experiment. I got a full length mirror and found the centre of it and stuck a bit of tape at the top centre. I then looked at the tape as if it was the 20 bed and took up my usual stance.

My stance is a bit like Whitlocks with my right foot pointing straight forward. I have a dodgy knee so I kind of adopted that stance for comfort more than anything.

So I then altered my front and back foot placement until my shoulder was lined up, my front foot was now more at a 45 degree angle and my back foot had moved towards my right about 5 or 6 inches.

So I took note of my position and went and threw some darts. My first 3 darts all hit the big one lol! I thought that makes a change its usually the 5.

I carried on throwing and after that first hiccup, most of my darts were in or very near the wire of the 20 bed.

The only problem I had was that my knee felt uncomfortable, so I doubt I can stay in that stance too long, but thought it may be of help for some to have a try in front of the mirror and observe how your stance and throw looks. Smile

I assume when you say your shoulder was initially off about 3in. you mean it was right of center? You're RH so that makes sense if you line up your eyeline. I think that explains your first throw putting your shoulder in line with the board's center. That then moved your eyeline to the left of center, looking back at the 20. Your throw followed the left to right direction of your sightline and you threw right of 20. After that you adjusted your throwing motion to compensate for your new "starting point." I think the only thing you should line up (if anything) is your eyeline. Where everything else is should be left up to what is comfortable and repeatable.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Finding the right stance for you?   Finding the right stance for you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:51 am

So Grip after reading ya posts on stance is this pretty close to your normal
stance now ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Finding the right stance for you?   Finding the right stance for you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:51 am

hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Finding the right stance for you?   Finding the right stance for you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:01 am

ochejockey wrote:
getagrip wrote:

I assume when you say your shoulder was initially off about 3in. you mean it was right of center? You're RH so that makes sense if you line up your eyeline. I think that explains your first throw putting your shoulder in line with the board's center. That then moved your eyeline to the left of center, looking back at the 20. Your throw followed the left to right direction of your sightline and you threw right of 20. After that you adjusted your throwing motion to compensate for your new "starting point." I think the only thing you should line up (if anything) is your eyeline. Where everything else is should be left up to what is comfortable and repeatable.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, not sure if its best that way but I guess if my eye (left one) is lined up then I should try to aim a long the line of sight, thats the part I have trouble with though, sometimes I can do it perfect, but when I try to work out how I did it then I mess up.

SilverSaber wrote:
So Grip after reading ya posts on stance is this pretty close to your normal
stance now ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Larry stop hacking into my private Pics!!!!! No
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Finding the right stance for you?   Finding the right stance for you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:36 am

getagrip wrote:
Yeah thats what I was thinking, not sure if its best that way but I guess if my eye (left one) is lined up then I should try to aim a long the line of sight, thats the part I have trouble with though, sometimes I can do it perfect, but when I try to work out how I did it then I mess up.

Believe me, I know! Supposedly it's all muscle memory, but I think my muscles have short-term memory loss![b]
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Finding the right stance for you?   Finding the right stance for you? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 am

ochejockey wrote:
getagrip wrote:

Believe me, I know! Supposedly it's all muscle memory, but I think my muscles have short-term memory loss![b]

I think my muscles suffer the same affliction too! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding the right stance for you?   Finding the right stance for you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding the right stance for you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net :: Practice And Help :: Darts Clinic-