We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesZappaluv's weekly challenge LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Zappaluv's weekly challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
USMC80

USMC80

Zappaluv's weekly challenge Empty
PostSubject: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:12 pm

This weeks challenge comes from last weeks winner Zappaluv.

It is a cricket challenge.

Winner will be determined by the least number of darts to complete a cricket game.
Keep score of any extra's you hit in case of a tie. e.g single 20 triple twenty 3 marks and 20 scored.

You can attempt this challenge as many times as you wish.

Good Luck

Leaderboard:

Hatrick..........13, 53 points 1st place

McInnis180......14, 50 points 2nd place

Ochejockey.......17, 76 points 3rd place

Venigoor.........18, 62 points

Silversaber......18, 25 points

Zappaluv........19, 0 points

mc1958...........21, 38 points

McInnis180.......24, 111 points

Canadianbacon.....24, 45 points

USMC80..........28, 38 points

Last edited by USMC80 on Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:26 pm

I do this at home all the time I'm going to have to try this for sure.. darts throw

Hatrick hatrick
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:27 pm

never kept track, should be interesting
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:36 pm

How do you play cricket? The game I know in the UK of that name is completely different lol
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:43 pm

well for this comp MC, just play 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15 and bull. You need three marks to close each number. Single 1 mark, double 2 marks treb is 3 marks. So for this comp if ya hit t20 on first dart you move to 19's and so on. You can do it in any order though.

keep track of your extra marks in case of tie. i.e. single 19, single 19, triple 19. Close the 19 and add 38 points

green bull worth 1 mark, red worth 2
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:49 am

mc1958 wrote:
How do you play cricket? The game I know in the UK of that name is completely different lol
Yeah sorry. We play the game your talking about here in Australia too! Batters and bowlers, runs and wickets etc.
I should have qualified it by using one of the greatest sporting oxymorons and called it "American Cricket" confused

PS New high score = 19 darts and no points
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:58 am

first go 19 darts, forgot the points damn
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:15 pm

USMC80 wrote:
well for this comp MC, just play 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15 and bull. You need three marks to close each number. Single 1 mark, double 2 marks treb is 3 marks. So for this comp if ya hit t20 on first dart you move to 19's and so on. You can do it in any order though.

keep track of your extra marks in case of tie. i.e. single 19, single 19, triple 19. Close the 19 and add 38 points

green bull worth 1 mark, red worth 2

Sounds simple enough - by my reckoning 8 darts should do it, easy peasy (if you're Phil Tayloer anyway lol). Will give it a try over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Guess I'm not Phil Taylor - just had a quick go before I get ready for work and it took 25 darts with 25 points scored (hit the bull with the last dart when only wanted a semi lol). As I've not played the game before is that any good?

Last edited by USMC80 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : editing my mistake)
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:59 pm

I gave this a try.

18 Darts and 62 points. Finished with two dbulls Smile So I'm pretty happy, but should at least have been 16 darts.
Back to top Go down
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Here's my try got this the 3rd go at it, 13 darts 53 points. darts throw

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm

mc1958 wrote:
Guess I'm not Phil Taylor - just had a quick go before I get ready for work and it took 25 darts with 25 points scored (hit the bull with the last dart when only wanted a semi lol). As I've not played the game before is that any good?

I would say its a good game.
Back to top Go down
zappaluv

zappaluv

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Hatrick wrote:
Here's my try got this the 3rd go at it, 13 darts 53 points. darts throw

Hatrick

Nice shootin'
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Great idea Zapp. This one is fun.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Wow you guys are good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Hatrick

Hatrick

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Thanks zap!!

Hatrick
Back to top Go down
Chalk Is Cheap

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:22 am

I'll have to give this a go when I get home.

I do this one quite a bit just to keep sharp for league and I do another variation where each of the three darts in any throw has to be to a different number (unless you only have one still open) so if, for example, it's your first throw you throw at T20, T19, T18 regardless of what you hit with each dart, then start with your highest "open" number and move downward. That one's a challenge. Smile

Anyway, I'm usually around the 25 dart mark with this one. Let's see how it goes with some pressure and competition.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:17 am

Had another go a short while ago and improved slightly - 24 darts and 61 points.

I might add this to my practise sessions as it's a quick way of practising the larger cover shots.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:19 am

nice work MC
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:49 am

mc1958 wrote:
That is a good score trust me.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:02 am

Just had another couple of goes and improved again - 21 darts and 38 points.

It should have been better as it took me 4 darts to get the last semi-bull - I'm determined to break the 20 darts some time over the weekend though.
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 am

just gave this a quick try. my best so far was 24 darts with 45 points. had a shot at a 20 dart go, but after hitting a double bull couldn't hit a single bullseye afterwards smoke
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:38 am

Nice everyone. I gotta try to beat mine. Refuse to come in last lol
Back to top Go down
ochejockey

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:22 am

Interesting reading the '01ers giving this a go. In my typical anal retentive way, I thought of three strategies for this. I threw 6 times, twice at each method. First, there's the conventional way of taking the numbers in order and throwing at them until they're closed. Did one in 19 darts/25pts and the other in 21darts/59pts. Second, there's the bulls first method. Throw at bull until it's closed and any misses might fall into one of the other numbers for "free marks" requiring less darts/more pts at them later. Did one (first game overall) in 17 darts/76pts and the other in 19 darts/20pts. Third strategy was "stick and move." Since you're not against anyone there's no need to score points and no need to necessarily close big numbers first. All you want to do is maximize your triples and have to throw as few singles as possible. So, I started with 20 and threw one or two darts at it. If I didn't close it, I moved on to 19 and tried to close that with one dart. Hit or miss, I moved on to the next number and threw one to trip that and so on. I carried this through once around the board. I assessed my marks and then went after numbers with one mark. I tried to trip it in one, if single I closed and moved on around the board again. Then if there was anything left, it hopefully only required a single to close. Did one in 18 darts/15pts and the other in 20 darts/73pts. So, my best was 17 darts/76pts on the bulls first method. It was my very first try though and my mind was clear. After that I was thinking of how to be more efficient and lost concentration. I think the stick and move might be best though once the strategy is clear and you can just throw. Maybe some of you better sharpshooters can give it a go?
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:41 am

In the last 60 seconds or so its become apparent to me that what i call cricket is clearly not cricket. Tomorrow i will discuss more but tonighnt i`m too drunk to talk seriously. Not so drunk that i need to sit down to pee but still steamboated, Over and out. Bigshow
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:46 am

Bigshow wrote:
In the last 60 seconds or so its become apparent to me that what i call cricket is clearly not cricket. Tomorrow i will discuss more but tonighnt i`m too drunk to talk seriously. Not so drunk that i need to sit down to pee but still steamboated, Over and out. Bigshow

hahahahaha shots rebel smilie
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:47 am

Updated, Nicely done Oche
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Bigshow wrote:

The game I know as cricket is the one where you take wickets and score runs as well. What the US guys call cricket I think is called tactics in the UK from memory (I'm going back 30 odd years so I may be wrong hahaha)
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:14 pm

ochejockey wrote:
Interesting reading the '01ers giving this a go. In my typical anal retentive way, I thought of three strategies for this. I threw 6 times, twice at each method. First, there's the conventional way of taking the numbers in order and throwing at them until they're closed. Did one in 19 darts/25pts and the other in 21darts/59pts. Second, there's the bulls first method. Throw at bull until it's closed and any misses might fall into one of the other numbers for "free marks" requiring less darts/more pts at them later. Did one (first game overall) in 17 darts/76pts and the other in 19 darts/20pts. Third strategy was "stick and move." Since you're not against anyone there's no need to score points and no need to necessarily close big numbers first. All you want to do is maximize your triples and have to throw as few singles as possible. So, I started with 20 and threw one or two darts at it. If I didn't close it, I moved on to 19 and tried to close that with one dart. Hit or miss, I moved on to the next number and threw one to trip that and so on. I carried this through once around the board. I assessed my marks and then went after numbers with one mark. I tried to trip it in one, if single I closed and moved on around the board again. Then if there was anything left, it hopefully only required a single to close. Did one in 18 darts/15pts and the other in 20 darts/73pts. So, my best was 17 darts/76pts on the bulls first method. It was my very first try though and my mind was clear. After that I was thinking of how to be more efficient and lost concentration. I think the stick and move might be best though once the strategy is clear and you can just throw. Maybe some of you better sharpshooters can give it a go?

Hadn't thought of trying the bull first just in case of stray darts - will have to give that a try over the weekend. All I did is went for the numbers in order starting at 20 and finishing on the bull.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:34 pm

ochejockey wrote:

I agree with Oche on the stick and go., say you shoot at 20's and get one mark, then with next dart shoot at something else to maximize your dart count. Example you shoot all 3 at 20's say and close with three darts. If you shoot the 2nd dart at say 19's and hit a treble and say last dart at 16's and hit you have now scored 7 marks with 3 darts not 3. just my opinion. 18 darts btw 25 points 2 double bulls lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zappaluv's weekly challenge   Zappaluv's weekly challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

Zappaluv's weekly challenge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next