We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesdart shops LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

dart shops

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rumandcork

rumandcork

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:42 am

How nice it must be to be able hop in the truck and drive down to your local dart shop. I've been trying to find a shop nearby but i cant find one anywhere in NC. I like doing the online shopping and the prices as well but i wish there was a place where you could actually try things before buying nearby.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:49 am

I feel for ya! I know what you mean, I don't really have a shop that near to me, and the nearest shop only stocks Unicorn and Harrows so there is a limit to what you can try and buy.

Where I used to live there was a shop that was like an Aladdins cave, and seemed to stock everything. I remember spending ages in there trying out different darts in different weights and absolutely loved it!

It is worlds apart from buying online, as although it can be cheaper online, you have no idea if the darts will suit you until you actually throw them
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:51 am

That's what makes forums like this so great. You can find people to swap with or even people willing to post them to ya to try out.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:16 am

The only one I know anywhere near me is Gerry's of Wimbledon - haven't been there yet but definitely plan to go there soon
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:18 am

Well I have never been to a darts shop, not a dedicated one anyway. Been to sports shops that sell darts but thats not quite the same. Everything I have bought has been online.

Two local guys started a darts shop last year, its only about a 6-7 min drive away but I have never been, I cant see their prices been as cheap as online, I know I should go and help support them by buying from them but I just haven't. I dunno
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
getagrip

getagrip

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:19 am

mc1958 wrote:
The only one I know anywhere near me is Gerry's of Wimbledon - haven't been there yet but definitely plan to go there soon

Ah yes that the one thats in all the old darts world mags, looks like heaven to me that one!
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:59 am

That is the one that I was referring to and I go there when I have meetings in Wimbledon but it only stocks Harrows and unicorn and isn't all that cheap! They do the usual stuff like repointing but for me I found the stock limited! The shops main focus is fishing tackle and darts is a small room to the side of the shop!
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:07 am

No dart shop nearby me either Sad Got a JJB store in Cardiff where they again only stock Unicorn & Harrows and they have a board set up. Not a great deal of choice to try out though. If only i had a proper store!!
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:10 am

dannyd180 wrote:
That is the one that I was referring to and I go there when I have meetings in Wimbledon but it only stocks Harrows and unicorn and isn't all that cheap! They do the usual stuff like repointing but for me I found the stock limited! The shops main focus is fishing tackle and darts is a small room to the side of the shop!

Oh dear, sounds a bit disappointing then, always looks like they had stacks in on those old adverts.
Back to top Go down
Wazza

Wazza

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:15 am

Repointing and mags in a dartshop you guys travel to!!!!

Dont complain.. my nearest dartshop is 10,000 miles away (A180), no walk in dartshops here in Australia Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wazzasworldofdarts.com
dannyd180

dannyd180

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 am

getagrip wrote:
dannyd180 wrote:

Oh dear, sounds a bit disappointing then, always looks like they had stacks in on those old adverts.

They probably did but they have nearly sold them now lol
Back to top Go down
Veni

Veni

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 am

I have been to a couple of dartshops. Have a few in about 1 hours drive-radie Smile

The prices are often higher then on the internet shops, but you have the possibility to try the darts before you buy them. And even if you cant try them, you can see them live and feel them, and thats a big plus.

Or you can do as I do, I go to the shops and try them and so on, then I go home and buy them from the cheapest store on the internet ;) Most usually a180 or Dartscorner Smile

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:51 pm

Danny - don't know where you are in Essex but I went out for a few games with one of the guys at work last night and he mentioned there's one in Ongar called Darts N Parts. I may go and have a look there at some point soon.
Back to top Go down
dannyd180

dannyd180

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm in Hornchurch mate! Ongar's not really that far away, might have to take a look!
Back to top Go down
ShadowNotes

ShadowNotes

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:15 am

All the reasons stated above have led to the demise of local dart shops. The ole' go to the shop, try the stuff out then go home and go on the internet. That's really what has happened to all the specialty shops, like photography, book stores, stereo gear and all the other high end stuff to be had for about half price on the internet. We can only sympathize with the vanishing shop keeper who spent his days down at the shop advising freeloaders. And yes, I too shop DC or wherever I can save.

Last edited by ShadowNotes on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot something)
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:20 am

ShadowNotes wrote:
All the reasons stated above have led to the demise of local dart shops. The ole' go to the shop, try the stuff out then go home and go on the internet. That's really what has happened to all the specialty shop like photography and all the other high end stuff to be had for about half price on the internet. We can only sympathize with the vanishing shop keeper who spent his days down at the shop advising freeloaders. And yes, I too shop DC or wherever I can save.

Sadly thats the truth of the modern world, not sure how it is in the U.S. but at one time there was lots of small grocery shops then the big super markets came in and took most of their business. Now town centre shops are closing because of big retail parks on the outskirts of towns, where the parking is usually free.

And before long I see less and less shops in the high street apart from fast food outlets and restaurants and the said supermarkets.

Most of the speciality small shops have gone or soon will be.
Back to top Go down
ShadowNotes

ShadowNotes

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:31 am

Yep, well said Grip. There's even a threat to the small neighborhood pubs.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:35 am

well the numbers of traditional pubs have been vastly reduced now, there is not many of the old type of pub left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dart shops Empty
PostSubject: Re: dart shops   dart shops Empty

Back to top Go down

dart shops

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1