We have moved to www.dartsnutz.net
Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Darts Nutz forum has now moved to www.dartsnutz.net please register on that site instead.

Thanks!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-register a new account there please

HomeLatest imagesDarts Corner - Page 3 LPRegisterLog in

Photobucket

map1
Display Pagerank

Darts Corner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
getagrip

getagrip

Darts Corner - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:27 pm

mc1958 wrote:
As I said in the other thread - if it's a problem with the product itself then it's down to the manufacturer (and they have rightly stepped up to the plate in this instance) and not DC, if it's something missing in an order or an order not received at all then it's down to DC.

Thats correct Mike, its standard trading practice for sellers to ask customer to go to manufacturer, In this instance its not the shops fault if the product fails, however I have come across this many times for all kinds of things and the advice is always that the seller is responsible if the goods prove to be faulty. But in an instance like this its a very grey area because the flights were bought and delivered satisfactorily and in good working order, its only through use that they have been damaged. So I think its down to the manufacturer to state that the intended use is for Soft Tip darts and that using them for Steel Tip may limit its reliability.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazdart
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:31 pm

mc1958 wrote:
As I said in the other thread - if it's a problem with the product itself then it's down to the manufacturer (and they have rightly stepped up to the plate in this instance) and not DC, if it's something missing in an order or an order not received at all then it's down to DC.

Surely if you buy a product of a supplier that is not of the standard you require then its up to the supplier to refund or replace the product. Then it would be up to the supplier to sort out the problem with the manufacturer. Suppliers have a duty to supply quality goods and if they fail to do that and push the fault onto someone else then they are failing in their duties as a supplier.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Bigshow wrote:
mc1958 wrote:

Surely if you buy a product of a supplier that is not of the standard you require then its up to the supplier to refund or replace the product. Then it would be up to the supplier to sort out the problem with the manufacturer. Suppliers have a duty to supply quality goods and if they fail to do that and push the fault onto someone else then they are failing in their duties as a supplier.

I agree with the Show. As a construction material supplier if my customer comes back with a product that is damaged or malfunctioning it is my duty as Operations Manager to immediately correct the problem then take it up with the manufacturer once the customer is back on track
Back to top Go down
Bigshow

Bigshow

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Bigshow wrote:
mc1958 wrote:

I just read Grips post, your right. Its the manufacturers fault. I wasn`t seeing the bigger picture. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:35 pm

In other words we take back the defective product, replace it so customer can get back to work then notify manufacturer to reimburse us
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 pm

I understand what you are saying Bigshow, and in most instances I would agree - however not in this instance as the product was supplied in good condition and in good working order.

As has been said on both this thread and the thread in question, the manufacturer has stated that the flights are meant for soft tip darts and not steel tip. The manufacturer is at fault as they should have stated this on the packaging - and in my opinion they should also instruct their retailers, be it DC, Pure Darts, Madhouse Darts, etc, to place a comment to this effect in the description.

I love Target products, but as they have now come out with this once the damage has been done, I will be a little wary of further orders of any of their products other than the actual barrels themselves.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:50 pm

If there is no indication on the packaging that the flights are intended for Soft Tip then the consumer could argue that the flights were not sold for the intended purpose which in this case is steel tip, for the manufacturer to then backtrack and say they are meant for soft tip is wrong in my opinion and could be classed as false advertising. I think Target should definitely clarify the flights intended use or at least warn of its potential failure with steel tip darts.
Back to top Go down
dvsdog

dvsdog

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:54 am

Just got the DC Newsletter and Christmas comes Early with a 15% Discount until month end.

Some of ya might have Mike's problem in not getting the news via email and other not signed up so send me a set of Cosmo Rocket Inside flights, baby blue, and I'll give ya the code.

Just funning, enter FIFTEEN12 in the appropriate box at checkout.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:10 am

thanks dog for update.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:11 am

Hopefully prices haven't been jacked up !! ya know what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
dvsdog

dvsdog

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:21 am

You could be right Larry, they've done it b4. I haven't looked as only really wanting the Cosmo Rockets they aren't carrying, but a trick I found was to put things in your cart and leave them there until you're ready to purchase. The price in the cart is, or at least was b4 I inform everyone, honored at checkout. That's how I 1st discovered their price increases with last year's "real" Christmas discount offer. Still cheaper then here in NA but distasteful/honest IMO.
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 am

I got the newsletter earlier, but not sure there is anything I want, could pre-order the Eclipse Hd maybe?
Back to top Go down
CanadianBacon

CanadianBacon

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:01 am

well crap, i just made an order last week too. still waiting for it to show up.
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:49 pm

I finally got the newsletter overnight so it must have been working through the systems or something. Mind you with the RBS glitch I can't order anything, but not sure there's anything I want at the moment - not from DC anyway.

As for putting up the prices when they have these sales, if they are doing that then they should be reported to trading standards or something - that has got to be illegal surely.
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Cheers Dog!! +1 good job
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:22 pm

mc1958 wrote:
I finally got the newsletter overnight so it must have been working through the systems or something. Mind you with the RBS glitch I can't order anything, but not sure there's anything I want at the moment - not from DC anyway.

As for putting up the prices when they have these sales, if they are doing that then they should be reported to trading standards or something - that has got to be illegal surely.

dvsdog told me about that last year, and he was right, I dont know if it has been done every time but I have not checked each time, but I did see it once on a particular set of darts I was after when there was a 10% code. I doubt much can be done though as prices go up and down all the time so it would need a lot of investigating on every item to be sure, it could be that the items we were interested in are the only ones that increased. I dunno
Back to top Go down
The Rage

The Rage

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Got my order in! Nice little tune up kit, I even remebered the free gift this time

3 x Dart Flights - Winmau - World Champion Mega Standard - Big Pear - "Steve Beaton"
3 x Dart Flights - Winmau - Kite Poly - Kite - "Union Jack"
3 x Dart Flights - Winmau - Mega Standard - Classic - Standard - "Dragon - Wales"
3 x Dart Flights - Winmau - Mega Standard - Classic - Standard - "Union Jack"
1 x Free Gift - Alloy Flight Protectors - Gold
2 x Dart Shafts - Designa Nylon Stems - Durable Plastic - Short - Blue
3 x Dart Shafts - Designa Nylon Stems - Durable Plastic - Short - Green
5 x Dart Flight Accessories - Harrows - Flight Savers - 8 Protectors - Standard - Black

A tenner well spent! Smile
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Nice little kit there - I can now spend my money again as RBS have sorted my account out Very Happy

Just checked my wishlist at DC and there's nothing there I really want now - have put an order in at Solar Darts though lol
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 pm

At least you have your money sorted, YAY! happy dude
Back to top Go down
mc1958

mc1958

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Thank god - the Virgin bill was due and I was worried they would cut off the tv and internet if it didn't get paid soon. Looking forward to throwing the Solar Aurora's when they get here though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
getagrip

getagrip

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice choice, look nice those ones.
Back to top Go down
Dilligaf

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:18 am

HI Guys,
Just want to introduce myself,
I am Gary, The Customer Service Manager at Darts Corner,
I have read through the comments on here and yes taken on board some of the issues you have raised and will look in to these for our customers,
But 1 thing I have noticed that I felt the need to comment on and reply is the Raising of Prices before our Sales or Discount codes,
This has never happened and never will happen,
The instance that 1 member has brought up was regarding some of the Discontinued lines that were on special before the sale and during the sale had been removed off special as they had been discounted already,
If you go to most stores the sale prices do not count on already reduced items,
Given the sale was across the whole of Darts Corner all we did was remove the reduced price of these certain items,
Hope this helps explain the situation in more detail and also if you have any more problems please feel free to email me at sales@dartscorner.co.uk were I will always try to help and rectify any issues if this is possible,
Thanks Guys,
Gary
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:32 am

I emailed DC last week with an issue, which Im sure youve seen. I didnt get a reply until AFTER I posted on the shops facebook the next day asking you to take a look at my email. I appreciate that running a business you're going to be busy, but when the companies facebook status is updated atleast three times before a complaint gets dealt with it's pretty poor customer service if you ask me. And In regards to the complaint, I also found your attitude, that was essentially, 'not our problem' fairly shocking aswell. Thankfully Target darts helped me out with my problem without any hassle.
Back to top Go down
Dilligaf

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 am

HI the Fox,
The email was sent after 4pm on the Tuesday night and was replied to at 9am on the Wednesday morning,
With the orders all leaving us between 4-5pm and this being one of the busiest times of day sometimes I do not get chance to reply straight away,
However I did reply first thing in the morning after I had printed the orders out for the warehouse,
The reply to the email I understand was not to your satisfaction but as it has already been posted on here by other members we cannot be held responsible for the flights,
All flights are classed as consumables and can be damaged easily if hit directly with the metal point of a dart, This is something we cannot control and also the same can happen with the stems,
I am happy Target did replace the flights for you and this has now been sorted,
As for the Facebook Status this is normally done from my personal account and I dont always notice messages on there until I log into this at my computer at work,
Hope this helps explain things
Thanks
Gary
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:54 am

The email was actually replied to a 9.56am on the wednesday morning...
Also as target mentioned to me, The Flights are intended for soft tip play, which I understand, fair enough. But surely this should be mentioned on the flights description?
Back to top Go down
Dilligaf

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 am

My Apologies on the time,
And the L-Flights may have been designed for soft tip darts but are widely used across the game by both steel tip and soft tip players,
This is the same with the Cosmo Range as well,
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 3:16 am

how much did the set of flights cost?
Back to top Go down
TheFox180

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:19 am

£5.50 rum
Back to top Go down
rumandcork

rumandcork

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 am

if i was supplier @ that price i would replace them no charge. got 10 times worth that in time invested fixing it and emails...time is money . supplier is responsible for customer, manufacturer responsible for supplier in dealing with defects warranty's etc.
maunfacturer should get pressed to improve packaging also. @ That kinda price for a set of plastic flights..surely they can supply better packaging.
buy in bulk when possible also.
Back to top Go down
USMC80

USMC80

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:27 am

Pretty much what i said, I would and do send another or deliver another to customer then take it up with manufacturer. Can't be arsed to take time going back and forth with emails and that crap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darts Corner   Darts Corner - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Darts Corner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next